19

You belittle your work and effort way too often, failing to realize that it had taken an extreme toll on your physical health. You tend to overwork thinking that it's just a simple task that any average person can do; it's not.

    Kusuo's eyes narrow at your napping figure on one the library table. Books stacked, papers scattered, stationary items scattered around the table, and your head hiding behind all of it.

   Do academic achievers tend to look like they've slaved away for validation?

    Time is ticking and the school speakers are now reminding everyone that it's about time all students leave school grounds. The library is closing and you're still within your slumber.

    He can't leave you like this.

    Taking one paper and book at a time, Kusuo stacks all of them in one place, gathering all stationary items and putting all of it in your pencil case. You've been busy.

    After fixing things up around you, there is one last thing he needs to do and that's waking you up. He didn't want you to think that he had grown soft with you and that he would go out of his way to even fix your things—why was he in the library in the first place?

     "Were you looking for me?"

   But then again, he didn't have to do that part; he already knew thag you were awake the moment he had touched your things. You must've hated people touching things you own, probably because there were never even things you can call yours.

      "No." he raises a book from his other hand, showing you that his interest within the library didn't fall on you being present or not, he just wanted to read, that's all. "Pack your things up and go home."

     You kept your head rested on the open lecture book. "Stay like that for too long and the letters on that book will stick to your skin." you hear him say in which you instantly responded with removing the skin under your head.

    "Can you wait until I'm done putting all of these away?" you stood up from where you're seated, taking the stacked books into your arms. "Maybe help me while you're at it?"

     Kusuo raises a brow, holding back the urge to even roll his eyes. He took the books away from your arms, walking in the aisle based on the books' genre.

     "...You've been studying?" he questions, realizing that all of the book he had put away are either related to literature or mathematics. "Exams are weeks away."

     "I'm studying them for someone else." you wave your hand dismissively, helping him put the other books away.

     "Who?"

     "Not that it matters. Just a friend."

     "Kaidou?"

     You let out a laugh, turning to Kusuo with a raised brow. "Why is Shun the first person you've thought of?" you ask. "Shun's great."

     Kusuo didn't want to bother himself by reading your mind just to get an answer that will soon slip out of your mouth. "Teruhashi?" he proceeds to ask.

     "Aren't you a little too persistent about this?" a smile forms your lips, amused by the way Kusuo guesses who you're giving a helping hand to. "You don't know them, like I said, it doesn't really matter."