15

"[ name ]!" Mrs. Saiki beams as she greeted you with the warmest hug. It's been a while since your last visit. Maybe her son should start treating you a little more nicer. "It's nice to have you come over again! When you called to ask me about baking, I couldn't believe my ears!"

"Aren't you overreacting?" you can hear Kusuo ask from behind his mom. You let out a subtle scoff as Mrs. Saiki denies her son's accusation of her overreacting. The woman simply just misses having you around.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Saiki. I feel the same way." you assured, opening your arms once more to give Mrs. Saiki another hug to show your reciprocation to her actions.

Kusuo held the urge to give his eyes a roll as you pampered Mrs. Saiki up with sweet words that is absolutely winning her over.

"Oh! By the way, what got you interested in baking all of a sudden?" Mrs. Saiki questions, leading you to the kitchen with her son following behind. Kusuo knows why you're here. The word baking also got him interested. Where there's baking, there's also some sweet delicacy.

"I'm sure you've met Teruhashi, Mrs. Saiki and I'm sure you've heard so much about her," you said, shifting your gaze at Kusuo upon mentioning about Teruhashi being an often topic within the household. "Her birthday is coming up and I wanted to give her something I made for a change."

Kusuo crosses his arms, narrowing his gaze at you. What's with that unnecessary look? Mrs. Saiki had indeed met Teruhashi, but not once was her name brought up on the table again. He refuses to have her name spat out by his parents.

"Oh, Kuu's friend!" Mrs. Saiki nods. "I remember her. Her brother's Mugami Toru, right?! That famous actor!"

As Mrs. Saiki happily talks about Mugami Toru's recent shows, his latest magazine preview, and the products he endorses, you and Kusuo can feel your faces fall into utter disgust. Mugami Toru is indeed a young actor prodigy and is loved by many. But him as Makoto Teruhashi is nothing but a disgusting man that lurks behind his sister's back.

"Oh...you seem to be so fond of him, Mrs. Saiki." you crack a forced smile, trying to hide your disgust but unfortunately failing, resulting you to turn your head around in another direction.

Kusuo's mundane expression didn't need any hiding. Even with a stoned expression like that, he knows to himself that he is disgusted by Teruhashi's brother.

    "Do you know him personally?" Kusuo questions as he watches Mrs. Saiki prepare a couple of things for the supposed delicacy you're going to make today.

    "Oh, I know him very well." you spoke like the topic involving him is toxic. You had your brows furrowed to show how displeased you are with Makoto. "But I didn't come here to talk about him. I'd go for any uncomfortable questions, just not about him."

    "Okay," Kusuo said. "How long have you known them?"

   You assumed he was referring to the Teruhashi siblings. "Since when were you so interested?" you find a smile forming on your lips as your brow raises. "Do you finally find Teruhashi interesting?"

   "No," Kusuo said. His instant denial didn't need any further explanation. "Just wondering why you're doing so much for her."

   "Isn't that what you do for a friend?" you raise a beow, setting your bag down on a nearby stool. "I'm sure that at some point, you've done something out of length for a friend. You've got plenty of them, after all."

    Kusuo kept his stance, arms still crossed, and eyes still narrowed. You speak as if you knew what he went through just for a so called friend.

    "[ name ]! I'm done preparing everything!" Mrs. Saiki stated from the kitchen. Both you and her son gathered inside to see all of the needed items set down on the table. "I've pick the most basic dessert that she will like!"