Chapter 33 Signpost

No one's POV

Ryu only walked. He walked at the mountain with his mind barely functioning as he carried his dead little sister body on his back. He slowly went north as far away from the base where his former comrades were currently doing battle against the rebel army. Within that mountain, he saw smokes rising from one particular place. That was the place he needed to go, since he knew someone was waiting for him there. And so he walked towards the high end mountain where there he saw a cabin.

There he saw two people grilling a meat from a danger beast they killed

There he saw two people grilling a meat from a danger beast they killed. Of course the two latter noticed Ryu's approached. The one with the white hood stood up already attempting to fight.

???: Are you one of the Empire Assassin?

???: Wait Bulat. There's no need to fight. I know who he is.

The woman next to the hooded man name Bulat stopped him in his tracks. Her voice was firm, eyes filled with guilt when she saw the girl Ryu was carrying. Ryu however shows no sign of hostility towards the two figures. His eyes were nothing but void. Without any strength left to keep his conscious mind from going, he dropped towards the ground.

 Without any strength left to keep his conscious mind from going, he dropped towards the ground

Ryu:...

???: Bulat! Go and save him! He is—

That was all he heard before slowly falling to a deep sleep.

(Elsewhere)

After defeating the last of her enemy and mourning for the death of her friend Green, Akame went around to look for her partner hoping he was alright only to glanced to further up the mountain. The city where she had some acquaintances were now on fire.

Akame: Why's the city...on fire?

???: That was the point of our operation, Akame.

Akame turned her head around, the ravenette looking to see Kairi walking up to her. A cold and indifferent face was on his.

Kairi: Our mission was to execute all those affiliated with the Rebel Army. That village was supporting Mount Hakuba. You helped us get rid of all those annoying government officials and greedy merchants.