chapter 10

Rohit and Virat exchanged a glance before picking up the files and slowly opening them. As their eyes scanned the contents, their expressions turned from expectation to disbelief, their faces growing paler with each paragraph they read.

18th oct, 1993

A group of 6 students went to the bloodhill forest for their summer project. But the next day the locals  found them  brutally injured in front of the forest. They immediately admitted to the nearest hospital.

15th Dec, 1999

A family went missing after entering the Bloodhill Forest. Father, Mother, and two daughters were part of the family. Are they lost in the dense Bloodhill Forest?"

7th Jan, 2005

Two couples went missing in the Bloodhill Forest. The local police reported receiving numerous missing person reports since then. Is the Bloodhill Forest cursed?

29th may, 2011

After receiving a significant number of missing person reports, the locals labeled the forest as haunted. Paranormal investigators started looking into the case.

17th September, 2013

It had been 2 months since the Bloodhill Forest was sealed. However, the locals were urgently requesting to reopen the forest. But the question remained: Why? Was there something we didn't know, or was the forest department hiding something from us?"

26th December, 2013

Another group of boys and girls were discovered unconscious in front of the Bloodhill Forest. Two of them were battling for their lives, while the others were grievously hurt and hospitalised.

The victims claimed they had entered a house within the forest, where inexplicable supernatural events took place.

Rohit and Virat were in stunned silence, having read through the harrowing reports. The weight of the information they had just absorbed made their hearts race, and they were both struggling to find their voices.

Their minds were spinning with the information they had just read. They stared at each other, their faces pale, as the gravity of the situation sunk in.

"What does it mean...?" Virat managed to whisper, his voice trembling.

Rohit shook his head, still struggling to process everything. "I don't know," he admitted. "But it all lines up with what we went through. The missing people, the injuries, and  the house..."

Virat clenched his fists, his body tense with a mix of anger and fear. "Why didn't anyone warn us about all this?" he almost shouted. "How come no one mentioned that this forest is damn cursed?"

Rohit ran a hand through his hair, frustration etched across his face. "I don't know," he repeated, his voice quieter this time. "Maybe they wanted to keep it under wraps for fear of losing tourism revenue. Or maybe they didn't believe in the cursed rumors."

Virat clenched his jaw, the anger evident on his face. "That's messed up," he spat out. "How could they prioritize tourism over people's lives? We could've prepared or avoided the place altogether."

The man, who had been silently observing Rohit and Virat, finally spoke up, his voice carrying a hint of resignation. "There's something you need to know," he said, his tone serious. "Something beyond the official reports."
"What you read in the files is only part of the story," he said, his voice dropping to a whisper. "There's more to the Bloodhill Forest that has been kept hidden from the public eye."