Eid Special pt.2

It was Eid-ul-Adha, a major celebration for Muslims, marked by the ritual of animal sacrifice in commemoration of Prophet Ibrahim’s devotion.

Jungkook and Taehyung eagerly planned to return to India for Eid and hoped to bring Taehyung’s parents along.

However, Jungkook felt uncertain about this decision. As Taehyung’s parents were non-Muslims, she worried they might find the sacrificial tradition distressing and misunderstand its significance.

Despite Jungkook’s reservations, they managed to convince Mr. and Mrs. Kim to join them in India for Eid. As they arrived, the lively streets buzzed with preparations. Colorful decorations adorned the houses, and the scent of traditional food filled the air.

Jungkook noticed her in-laws’ puzzled expressions as they saw animals being prepared for sacrifice. “I told you they might find it strange,” Jungkook whispered to Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded, “Let’s introduce them to the tradition properly.”

Jungkook’s parents, along with their neighbors, gathered around the Kims. Mr. Kim watched with curiosity while Mrs. Kim’s eyes darted around, unsure of what to make of it all.

“Salam, Mr. and Mrs. Kim,” greeted Jungkook’s father warmly. “We understand this might be unusual for you, but we’d love to share our traditions with you.”

Mrs. Kim replied politely, “Yes, it’s quite different. Could you explain the significance behind it?”

“Of course,” Jungkook’s mother said, stepping forward. “The sacrifice of animals is a way to honor Prophet Ibrahim’s willingness to sacrifice his son for God. The meat from the sacrifice is divided into three parts: one for the family, one for relatives and friends, and one for the needy.”

One of the neighbors added, “It’s a time of sharing and giving. Ensuring that no one goes hungry is an essential part of our celebration.”

As they talked, the ladies of the neighborhood led Mrs. Kim inside to prepare her for the festivities. “Come, Mrs. Kim,” one of them said, “let’s get you ready for Eid. It’s a tradition for women to adorn themselves with henna and wear beautiful clothes.”

Inside, the women surrounded Mrs. Kim with smiles and enthusiasm. Jungkook handed her a set of colorful bangles. “These are for you,” she said, her eyes shining with excitement. “And we’ll apply henna on your hands, too.”

Mrs. Kim looked at the intricate designs of the henna with awe. “This is beautiful,” she said, feeling a bit more at ease.

Another woman brought out a stunning lehenga. “You’ll look lovely in this,” she said. “It’s traditional for Eid.”

Mrs. Kim hesitated for a moment but then smiled. “Thank you. This is all so new to me, but I’m excited to be a part of it.”

As the women chatted and laughed, applying henna and fitting Mrs. Kim in the lehenga, Jungkook felt a sense of pride. She glanced at Taehyung, who was watching his parents adapt to the new experience with a smile.

Later, as the call to prayer echoed through the streets, everyone gathered for the Eid prayers. Mr. Kim stood beside Taehyung, trying to understand the significance of the moment.

After the prayers, the males came back from the eidgah and got ready to slaughter the animals. Humayun was about wore some old clothes so that when he slaughter them, blood should not come on his new clothes.

He was about to go and do but Fatima stopped him. He looked at her with raised eyebrows asking through his eyes what happened. "I am saying that, it's taehyung's first eid na, so we should let him slaughter the animal." Humayun smiled after hearing her and nodded his head.