Accidental

Summary: Where you accidentally injure your girlfriend.

~

A knock on your front door pulls you out of your focus on getting ready, you head to the door and open it. "Hi Lia, come in!" She enters your home and greets you with a hug. "I'll be right back." Back in your bedroom, you grab your training kit, and start changing. From the bathroom your girlfriend calls out for you, "Baby, I forgot to bring my clothes, can you please grab them for me?" You walk to her overnight bag, and pull out the Arsenal kit she packed.

In the bathroom Leah is waiting for you in a towel. "Here you go, my love. Though, I do think it's the wrong colour, because London will be blue tonight." Playing for rivalry teams could have been hard on your relationship, but in your relationship it had never been a big deal, and you could joke about things like this without hurting each other's feelings. "Ah, so you are colour blind then, because it will definitely be red." She jokes back. You peck her lips, "I'll head down and keep Lia company."

The big rivalry between the teams, and between some of the players within the teams had also been the reason that the two of you kept your relationship private. Lia knew of course, as well as both your family's, but not your other teammates or the public. You were both happy with that, and it had worked for you for the past year.

When Leah got downstairs, she greeted her best friend with a hug. "Sorry to keep you waiting, y/n was trying to get me to wear a Chelsea kit." The smirk on Leah's face gave her away instantly. "That would have been so much better, I should do that next time!" The three of you share a laugh, before you have to head out. "See you at the stadium my love." You kiss your girlfriend goodbye. "Good luck out there today!" You wave to the both of them and get into your car, while Leah and Lia get into Lia's car.

The London Derby was well underway, and Arsenal had taken a 2-1 lead. Both teams were fighting hard, which came with a number of free kicks for both teams. Every time you moved up the left flank, you were challenged by Katie McCabe, one of the Arsenal players you always had a tussle with on the field. Both of you were quite aggressive in your playing styles, so on the field it was like you were each other's enemies. Things like this had also been taken into consideration when you and Leah had decided to keep your relationship private. Right now, your mind was fully focussed on getting past McCabe, but with a rough pull on your arm you were taken to the ground. You were frustrated with her move and wanted to get right into her face about it, but Guro anticipated you being angry, and was already standing between you and McCabe to hold you back. Katie got a yellow card, and Chelsea got a free kick from just outside of the penalty area.

Lauren got in position to take the free kick, while you positioned yourself at the near post with Leah defending you. When the referee blew the whistle Lauren showed with her hands which one of the set pieces you had practised was the one she was going to deliver. She sent the ball flying in your direction, you jumped up and tried to turn your body mid air. Before your head connected with the ball, you felt your elbow crash into something, or rather someone. Your focus was off of the goal and the ball flew far over, as your girlfriend crashed to the ground from your arm hitting her in the face. "Are you alright?" You hold out your hand to help her up. "Yeah fine." After helping her to her feet, you both run away from the goal again, like the rest of the players, but when Leah grabs her face, your hand is instantly on her back. "Are you sure you are okay, Lee?" Without answering you she falls to her knees and hands. You wave over the medics instantly, before you're able to crouch down with her you feel a pair of hands push you backwards. "Don't you think you've done enough, y/l/n?" Your eyes meet Katie's angry one's looking back at you, you raise your hands and back up, right now all that mattered was Leah's well-being and fighting with her teammate wouldn't help. Still you watched from a distance as the medical team was assessing her with the referee standing next to them. The referee signalled to the Arsenal staff that a substitution needed to be made, next she made her way to you, and gave you a yellow card. Usually you would fight it since it was accidental, but it was your girlfriend that was walked off of the pitch by the medics, and all you could think about was the fact that you had injured her.