4. faint memories of past

Anya's pov:

I slowly regained consciousness, the antiseptic smell of the hospital and the rhythmic beeping of monitors seeping into my awareness. My head throbbed, and I blinked against the harsh, fluorescent lights above me, struggling to piece together where I was and what had happened.

As my vision cleared, I saw Tanya sitting in a chair beside my bed, her arms crossed and an expression of impatience on her face.

"Finally," Tanya said, her voice laced with annoyance rather than concern. "You've been out for hours."

I tried to sit up, wincing as a dull ache spread through my head. "What happened?"

"You fainted in the changing room," Tanya explained curtly. "Ryan and I noticed you were missing, and I had to find you. I called an ambulance because you were out cold."

Memories of the flashback and the confrontation with Noah and Ryan surged back, making my heart race. The painful memories from the lake and the recent tension with Ryan flooded my mind. "I... I remembered something," I said slowly, my voice shaky. "From the summer camp."

Tanya rolled her eyes. "Whatever it is, keep it to yourself. I'm only here because no one else was around. Ryan and Noah are waiting outside. I'll go tell them you're awake."

Tanya stood up, barely glancing back at me as she walked out of the room. I was left alone with my swirling thoughts and the unresolved feelings that had resurfaced.

A few minutes later, the door opened, and Ryan and Noah walked in, their expressions a mix of concern and frustration. Ryan's gaze softened when he saw me. "Anya, are you okay?"

"I've been better," I muttered, trying to push myself up into a sitting position. Noah hovered near the door, his eyes avoiding mine.

Ryan moved closer, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You scared us. What happened?"

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. "I remembered something. About the summer camp. The lake..."

Noah finally looked at me, his expression conflicted. "What do you remember?"

"I remember falling into the lake and someone saving me," I said slowly, my voice trembling. "But it's all a blur. I just... I needed to get away."

Ryan and Noah exchanged a look, the tension between them palpable. Ryan's voice was low, almost a whisper. "It's going to be okay, Anya."

As the tense conversation between Noah, Ryan, and me reached a crescendo, the hospital room door creaked open. A middle-aged doctor in a white coat stepped in, his presence momentarily halting our heated exchange.

"Excuse me," the doctor interjected politely, his eyes scanning the room. "I'm sorry to interrupt. Miss Wilson, I hope you're feeling better."

Noah and Ryan exchanged a quick glance, their expressions shifting from confrontation to concern. I nodded slowly, still processing the emotional turmoil and memories flooding my mind.

"I'm Dr. Harris," the doctor introduced himself, approaching my bedside with a calm demeanor. "I've been informed about your fainting spell. We've run some tests, and everything seems stable."

I glanced at Noah and Ryan, their faces reflecting a mix of relief and tension.

"Thank you, doctor," I managed to reply, my voice softer than I intended.

Dr. Harris nodded understandingly. "You've had quite a shock. It might take some time for everything to settle. I'll leave you to rest, but please don't hesitate to call if you need anything."