Start Of A New Year

Thirteen-year-old Jordan Westfield sat in the Hogwarts Express, in the Gryffindor cart in one of the compartments, by himself. He looked out the window of his cart. The amount of parents saying goodbye to their children again, or for the first time... It was uncanny. Jordan's father had passed away while his mother was pregnant, just barely too. His mother was Chief Warlock of Wizengamot, so she didn't have time. She'd said goodbye to him a couple of days earlier. He didn't see her that much, honestly. Though he'd gotten used to it. He had been embarrassed, being the only first year without his parents there, but now he was alright with it. He knew his mom would be there if she could. 

He also looked at himself in the reflection, his brown hazel eyes reflected clearly, and as the light dimmed down just a bit, you could see his light brown complexion, due to him being a mixed race child. His hair was short and curly along with a fade on his sides. He was a slim kid, fairly tall for his age.

"Jordy!" 

Jordan was startled by a feminine voice calling exclaiming a pet name that only one girl called him. He turned to the compartment door to see three people standing there. The girl who had called him was a slim short girl, beautiful in every sense of the word due to the Veela blood running through her veins. Her blonde hair was bright like the sun and curly like very long strings of noodles. For some reason, other than her being shorter than the rest, she always looked older than the rest. 

She was Victorie Weasley, thirteen years old like Jordan and the three others standing behind her, all ready to start their third year. She someone that Jordan would call his best friend in every sense of the word, along with the other three behind her. They had been friends since childhood.

"Vicky." Jordan said with a smile, then turned to look at the other three. Behind her was the tallest boy, around the same height as Jordan and his friends. A spitting image of his father, jet black hair in a messy bundle, and circular glasses. His skin was pale, and his body was mostly skin and bones. His name, James Potter.

"Jay." Jordan acknowledged with a bright smile. He, along with Victorie had been close since childhood. 

Next to James was a boy a bit shorter, but not too short. His skin was slightly tan, as if had spent life under the sun. His hair jet black, and his eyes green, very handsome. His chest was wide, his arms were short and his legs were long. He had bright smile, that showed he was confident. Javier De La Magia. He was the son of the Spanish Minister of Magic, who attended Hogwarts due to lycanthropy, at the age of ten. His father had asked for Harry Potter's help due to his experience with a werewolf, and the fact that James Potter the first had belonged to a group that helped control their werewolf friends. Although Harry wasn't sure, he had seen the younger James and his friends get along greatly with the shy Javier. He accepted, knowing if Javier was with those children, he'd be fine when it came time to have an actual transformation. 

"Javi." Said the son of the Chief Warlock of Wizengamot

Last, but most certainly not least was the intelligent Rose Weasley. A girl about slightly taller than Victorie, bright strawberry red hair that reached her shoulders, and was put up in a pony tail. Nearly a spitting image of her own mother at her age, with a pale complexion and a very slim body. "Rosie." 

Victorie nearly tackled Jordan at his seat, making him hit his head on the window, and hugging him closely. "How've you been, love?" She asked him.

"Fine." He said with a slight smile, rubbing his head from the pain. The blonde girl took a seat next to him in the middle. James and Javi walked over to Jordan, who stood up quickly to give his lifelong friends a bear hug. "Long time no see, mate." James said.