𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐌𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈 - 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐌𝐞 - 𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡

EVERYTHING WAS FINE BEFORE I WAS CAUGHT SPYING. Everything was perfectly fine. I had been watching Jason depart from his flying ship from the safety I called riding atop Onyx. 

But of course, things can never go well for me. 

"Come on Onyx. We should head out." I whispered to my faithful pegasus and she snorted in response, turning around. A large white snake slid down from my neck, around my arm before settling on Onyx's back, sitting in front of me in the saddle.

"I thought you wanted to check on Jason." Moon hissed in my mind.

"I already did. From afar as I do every week. I said I would take care of him. I'm going to keep that promise to Reyna." I said with a frown, glancing at the entirety of New Rome, who were all crowded around the ship's crew. "We checked on him at Camp Half-Blood before they left. We check on Jace just now. We'll follow them where ever they go, Onyx can go anywhere, and we'll check on him then."

"Lizzzz.." Moon drug out my name.

"What?" I hissed back before I heard it. Rustling of bushes. Someone was behind us. "Hide." I whispered to her and she wrapped herself around my wrist, becoming a piece of silver snake jewelry and I reached for my sword.

"Freeze!" Someone yelled behind us and I froze.

"Onyx, lets get out of here." I whispered to her out of the side of my mouth and she took off running. I could hear several pairs of footsteps trying to catch up but they were too slow. We were almost out of the woods but then I heard a shrill whistle. Onyx suddenly reared and I desperately hung on, not wanting to fall off backwards. When she set me back down, I found us surrounded, Romans pointing swords at us from every direction. 

"Slowly, dismount." A guy with grey eyes and black hair said and I rolled my eyes but did as they said. Grey eyes stepped forward, hand cuffs in his hands and I smirked.

"Kyle! Remember the legend? She's a child of Mercury, she can pick the locks." A brown haired girl said. 

"I have my very own legend now?" I asked as the girl shoved my hands behind my back and started marching me towards New Rome. Someone tried to grab Onyx and she ran off into the woods. "Oh wow, just leave a girl to die sad and alone. How thoughtful."

"Don't worry, you're not famous." The girl said with a slight look of fear in her eyes. "Quite the opposite. You should start praying to Mars and Mercury that they give a less painful death. Knowing Reyna and the Senate, they won't give a murderer a painless death."

"Murderer, huh?" I mused before falling silent as we marched. 

Chapter one is done. How do you guys like the whole start of the chapter format?

Alright a couple of things.

This..

is what I imagine Lizzy normally wears when she's riding

is what I imagine Lizzy normally wears when she's riding. Cute and efficient.

But at the same time she always has this..

alongside her when she's riding so she can throw it before going to check on Jason

alongside her when she's riding so she can throw it before going to check on Jason. She's paranoid that she's going to get caught and this is what she's wearing when she gets caught.

What do you think of the chapter? It's a little short so sorry for that. I promise it gets better.

xoxo Lexi