27. Betrayal Uncovered

The next morning, Zahara woke up to the smell of coffee brewing. She smiled, appreciating the small moments of normalcy Taji tried to create despite their chaotic lives. She got up and found him in the kitchen, shirtless and focused on his phone.

"Morning, love," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind."Morning, baby," Taji replied, turning his head to kiss her forehead. "Mi make yuh some coffee.""Thanks," Zahara said, taking the cup he handed her. She noticed the tension in his shoulders and knew something was on his mind. Before she could ask, his phone rang.

Taji glanced at the screen and his expression darkened. "A di tech guy," he said, answering the call. "Waa Gwaan, Tris?""Boss, we have a problem," Tris said, his voice serious. "Yuh know di man weh came a yuh yard last night, Xavier?""Yeah, wah 'bout him?" Taji asked, his tone sharp."Mi been a monitor the dawg cause him look shaky," Tris replied. "and mi have proof."Taji's jaw tightened. "Send mi di proof."A few moments later, Taji's phone pinged with an incoming file. He opened it and his eyes scanned the documents and screenshots Tris had sent.

There were text messages, bank transactions, and surveillance footage showing Xavier meeting with known enemies."Dis bumboclaat battyman," Taji muttered under his breath. He looked at Zahara, his expression grim. "We affi deal with dis."Zahara nodded, her worry returning. "What yuh ago do?""Mi need fi meet up with Grease and di rest a di crew," Taji said. "We can't mek dis slide."Zahara squeezed his hand. "Be careful, Taji.""Always, baby," he replied, kissing her gently, "Mi soon fawud.

"Taji grabbed his jacket and headed out, his mind racing with plans. He made his way to a secluded warehouse where his crew often gathered for meetings. As he entered, Grease and a few other trusted members were already there."Boss," Grease said, standing up. "Wah gwaan? "Wi have a traitor inna di gang," Taji said, throwing the evidence on the table. "Xavier."The men gathered around, looking at the proof. Murmurs of anger and betrayal filled the room."Wa wi ago do 'bout dis?" one of the men asked.

Taji's eyes were cold. "Wi deal with him like wi deal with any traitor. But first, wi need fi find out how deep dis guh. Tris, see if you can find anything else. Grease, mi want yuh fi track Xavier's movements."Grease nodded, a determined look on his face. "Wi got dis, boss."Taji left the warehouse, his mind still racing. He needed to keep Zahara safe while he handled this. He decided to head back home and make sure she was alright.When he walked through the door, Zahara was sitting on the couch, her eyes filled with concern."Everything alright?" she asked."Not yet," Taji replied, sitting down beside her. "Wi find out Xavier a work wid di man dem from Southside. The man den a deal wid it, but mi need fi make sure yuh safe.

"Zahara nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Mi trust yuh, Taji."Thanks, baby," Taji said, pulling her in a bear hug."The rest of the day passed in a blur of tense conversations and constant checking of phones. By evening, Taji received another call from Tris. "Boss, wi find sumn Xavier been a leak info fi months. Him even help set up di ambush di other night."Taji's fist clenched,"Mi done hear enough. Time fi deal wid him."He hung up and looked at Zahara. "Mi affi go."Be careful," she said, her voice steady despite the fear in her eyes. Taji kissed her deeply. "I always am. Love yuh, Zahara.

"Love yuh too, Taji," she replied, watching as he left. Taji drove to a remote location where Grease had tracked Xavier. As he approached, he saw Grease and a few others waiting. "Wi ready?" Taji asked, his voice low."Ready, boss," Grease replied.They moved quickly, surrounding the building where Xavier was hiding. Taji kicked the door open, his gun drawn."Xavier, yuh traitorous bumboclaat!" Taji shouted. Xavier looked up, fear in his eyes. "Boss, wait-"But Taji wasn't in the mood to wait. He stepped forward, his gun aimed steadily at Xavier. "Yuh have anything fi say before wi deal wid yuh?"Xavier's face twisted in desperation. "Mi only did it fi di money. Mi swear-"Taji cut him off. "Traitors nuh get second chances."With a nod to his men, Taji turned and walked out, the sounds of Xavier's pleas for mercy echoing behind him. As he got back into his car, he took a deep breath, the weight of leadership heavy on his shoulders. He drove home, knowing that tonight would be another sleepless night, but at least he had Zahara to come home to. And that was enough to keep him going.