12. Flames Of Retribution

Zahara and Taji arrived at Nazir's  party, the vibrant sounds of music and laughter filling the air. As they mingled with the crowd, Taji's arm wrapped protectively around Zahara's waist, a sense of warmth and contentment enveloped them. But their moment of peace was shattered when the sound of gunfire rang out, sending panic rippling through the crowd. Without hesitation, Taji jumped in front of Zahara, shielding her from harm as bullets flew through the air.

Zahara's heart pounded in her chest as she watched in horror, her breath catching in her throat as Taji's body jerked from the impact of a grazing bullet. She reached out to him, her hands trembling with fear as she checked for any sign of injury. Taji reassured her with a strained smile, his eyes burning with determination. "Mi good, baby. Nuh worry bout me."But Zahara could see the pain etched into his features, the adrenaline wearing off to reveal the true extent of his injuries. With a sense of urgency, she helped Taji to his feet, her mind racing with thoughts of how to get him to safety.

The following day, Taji wasted no time in seeking retribution for the attack. He sent Anna, one of his most ruthless assassin, to gather information on who was responsible for the shooting and to carry out his orders for retaliation.Under the cover of darkness, Anna carried out Taji's commands with ruthless efficiency. She tracked down Trey, the man responsible for the shooting, and set fire to his house, leaving nothing but ashes and rubble in her wake. As the flames engulfed Trey's home, Taji watched from a safe distance, his expression cold and impassive. He knew that he had sent a clear message to anyone who dared to cross him—that in the streets of Kingston, there was only one law, and it was his. But as Taji surveyed the destruction he had wrought, a sense of emptiness gnawed at his heart.

He knew that violence and retribution were a necessary part of his world, but deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling that there had to be another way. As he turned away from the smoldering ruins of Trey's house, Taji vowed to do whatever it took to protect Zahara and ensure that she never had to experience the pain and suffering that had become his reality. For better or for worse, they were in this together, bound by a love that was as dangerous as it was undeniable.