1

THE SOUND OF THUNDER RANG THROUGH THE AIR, the sky turning an ominous gray that spoke of heavy rain and high waves

THE SOUND OF THUNDER RANG THROUGH THE AIR, the sky turning an ominous gray that spoke of heavy rain and high waves. suddenly, lightning struck, emitting an odd red glow. a rare sight to see. some people looked up to the sky and gazed in marvel and wonder. others cowered in fear, believing that the red thunder was a bad omen from the heavens. some prayed, out of fear for their mortal lives.

the lighting bolt struck an island somewhere in the south blue. the citizens in the city all screamed in shock, with a few residents hiding inside their homes and locking their doors, closing all of their windows and curtains. children wailed from fear as their mothers tried to shush them. chaos ensued in the city, with the marines and world government being gone from the island, they were left defenseless. the island was always a peaceful and safe place, so no one could have predicted such a situation.

the lightning died down, leaving nothing but heavy winds and harsh rain. a child, about the age of six years old, was trekking through the forest alone. she had snuck out from her mother's house a couple hours ago, before the storm started. she was lost, and ended up heading towards the direction of where the lighting stuck.

she stopped in her tracks, as the ground right in front of her dips down into a large crater. she gasped at the sight, shivering from cold and fear. at the bottom of the crater, she spotted a woman, lying unconscious. rainwater pooled up in the crater, meaning that the woman would drown while unconscious, if she wasn't already dead. the child couldn't help but feel like she should help the woman, so she carefully slid down the soft crater soil that was turning into mud, and used all of her six-year-old strength to pull the woman up, tugging her by the arm.

unfortunately, the little girl was far too little to be able to pull up a fully grown adult. the girl tried everything in her power, the water in the crater rising at a dangerous rate. the girl panted, tired and out of strength. she feared she would be too late, and the woman would drown. dread creeped up her spine as tears pricked her eyes, blending in with the rain water that was pouring down from the sky.

just as she was about to lose all hope, a few of the city residents, including her mother, called out to her from the side of the crater. a few adults rushed down to help the little girl, picking her up and pulling the woman out of the water. they carried both of them back to the village, with the little girl being reunited with her crying, worried mother, and the woman placed in the city's hospital.

the night passed, as the storm raged on until the break of dawn. the clouds slowly dispersed as the light of the sun shined it's light on the land at the horizon where the sky met the sea. light softly poured into the hospital room where the woman laid asleep on the white sheets. the little girl that found her was sitting on a chair next to the bed, who had fallen asleep with her head and arms on the bedside.

the woman's eyes slowly fluttered open as the harsh brightness of the sun hit her eyelids, prodding her awake. she slowly blinked and got used to the lighting. she looked around, her e/c eyes scanning the unfamiliar room. she saw the little girl asleep on the bedside, and her eyes widened. somehow, the little girl reminded her a lot of her little sister.