until we meet again

The morning arrived quietly, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains and casting a gentle glow over the room.

Sunghoon stirred first, the warmth of Heeseung's presence beside him a comforting reassurance.

He lay there for a moment, savoring the tranquility before reluctantly slipping out of bed.

Heeseung awoke to the sound of Sunghoon moving about the room, stretching and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Morning," he murmured, his voice still thick with sleep.

"Morning," Sunghoon replied with a small smile.
"I didn’t want to wake you, but I think Grandma’s already up and cooking breakfast."

Heeseung chuckled, throwing back the covers and getting up.
"Well, we better not keep her waiting then."

They dressed quickly, the room filled with the quiet rustle of clothes and the occasional yawn.

Once ready, they headed downstairs, the inviting aroma of fresh coffee and frying bacon guiding them to the kitchen.

Sunghoon's grandparents were already bustling around the kitchen.

His grandmother stood at the stove, flipping pancakes with practiced ease, while his grandfather set the table with plates and silverware.

"Good morning, boys," his grandmother greeted them warmly, her eyes crinkling with a smile.
"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you," Heeseung replied, returning her smile.
"It was very comfortable."

"Good, good," she said, turning back to the stove.
"Sit down, breakfast will be ready in a minute."

Sunghoon and Heeseung took their seats at the table, the wooden chairs creaking slightly as they settled in.

The table was already laden with an assortment of jams, butter, and a pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice.

Sunghoon's grandfather poured them each a cup of coffee, the rich aroma filling the air.
"It's a special blend," he said with a wink. "Got it from a local roaster. Thought you might like it."

Heeseung took a sip, savoring the smooth, robust flavor.
"It's delicious, thank you."

Moments later, Sunghoon's grandmother brought over a platter of golden pancakes, placing them in the center of the table.
"Dig in, everyone."

They all reached for the pancakes, the sound of forks clinking against plates and the murmur of conversation creating a cozy, familial atmosphere.

Sunghoon's grandparents asked about their plans for the day, their genuine interest a testament to their care and love.

"We're just going to go at the farm and spend some time together,"
Sunghoon explained, glancing at Heeseung.
"It’s my last day here.. So I'll come back later to pack."

His grandparents nodded, their expressions a mix of pride and wistfulness.
"I just hope you'll take care of yourself," his grandmother said softly. "It was never easy to see you leave my house..but I had to learn to be happy for you."

Sunghoon smiled, reaching for her hand. "Thank you, Grandma.."

They continued eating, the conversation flowing easily.

Sunghoon’s grandfather shared stories of his own travels, regaling them with tales of distant lands and adventures from his youth.

Heeseung listened intently, appreciating the distraction from the looming farewell.

As the meal wound down, Sunghoon’s grandmother stood and began clearing the table.
"You boys go and enjoy your day," she said, waving them off.
"We’ll take care of this."