Chapter 5

"I need some help, brother." I tell my cousin on the phone without so much of a hello. "I am having some problems with my lady in here. I think I messed up worse than I thought."

"Hello for you too, fucker," he answered on the line. "I don't expect anything different from your ass. Look, I am not exactly in a better situation here. My woman doesn't even want to talk to me. What do you think I can do, anyway?" 

"Your situation is worse than mine so you might have some good advice to give me. Come on fucker, at least try to help me! I told you to tell your woman the truth a long time ago, you were the idiot who didn't want to." I said to him. The dumb fucker never listened to me, did he?

"I knew she wouldn't forgive me. Can't you see the deep shit I am in right now because of that damned engagement? Fuck me. Never mind, tell me what you did?"

I told him everything that happened between Brenda, Charlie and me and the conversation I forced Charlie to have with me in the gym.

"I might have forced her to talk to me, and might have said I would carry her if she didn't." I said with a tiny voice. The idiot was grunting on the phone like I was the most stupid jerk to have been born in the face of the earth.

"Are you stupid? You don't force your woman to talk man, it makes them mad as fuck. I don't know from what side of the family you came from, honestly." My cousin said with a disappointed voice. "Did you say to her you would throw her at your shoulder? Don't you think she would consider you were mocking her if she is trying to lose weight? You have no tact at all!"

"Look, I was just trying to make her talk to me! What should I have done? She just changed gyms and didn't even talk to me. And she was even letting a male train her!"

"You are acting like a little bitch." he said with annoyance. "First of all, why would you let this Brenda chick bad mouth her and don't do anything about it? You need first to take care of this Brenda. After you need to show some respect for your lady and apologize properly. After you need to decide what you want from this relationship. Is she your woman or what?"

I was paying attention to his every word and saw his reasoning was not half bad. 

"She is my woman." I said without any doubt.

"Great. Now, your woman wants your balls on a silver plate at the moment. She is probably already insecure and hurt because of people mocking her and shit. You just did things worse. You need to find a way to prove to her she is special, and beautiful, that you want to fuck her good, just don't say it to her face." Okay, not say I want to fuck her right on her face seems like a good idea.

"Overall," he continued. "You need to change your behavior. Don't treat her the way you did, fucker. Don't force her to do anything. Give her space if she needs it, try again, and show her you are not a dumb ass. Protect her and shit. It helps if you are romantic to her too. Anyway, that's what I would do." He is not so useless after all. I liked him a lot and was sad about his predicament. His woman was not at all prepared to forgive him. His fuck up was way worse than mine.

"Man, you actually helped me a lot. Thanks. What about your situation, any progress?" He called me the other day saying his woman had been attacked and was at the hospital. He was very desperate and afflicted by the situation.

"Not much, she doesn't want to see me. I am trying to explain things but it sounds pretty bad even to my ears. I am in bad shit right now. But I am going to her home tomorrow, with a bouquet of flowers. I am going to kneel at her front door and ask for her forgiveness. I can't live without this woman. She is going to be the mother of my children, man. It is this serious. I need her forgiveness. Tomorrow I am going to meet her. I need to make things right."

"Well, I am sorry for everything, I just wish you could make up for your mistakes. Call me after you talk to her, okay? I wonder if there is something in our family that makes us as dumb as we are with the ladies?" I asked him, scratching my head.

"That's a good question. I expect my boys not to inherit this shit from me, seriously. I don't know how I messed up the best thing in my life. But man, tomorrow I am going to see my Luci and nothing is going to stay on my way. Good talking to you brother, treat your woman well."

"Good talking to you too, good luck with Luci."