08 !

SWEET CANDY -Hierarchy

SWEET CANDY
-Hierarchy

08 | chapter eight

luna sat alone in the dimly lit classroom, her earbuds firmly in place as she tried to drown out the turmoil of her thoughts. music blared, but it did little to soothe the raw ache in her heart. the confrontation with woojin played on an endless loop in her mind, every word and painful silence echoing louder than the songs.

lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice the classroom door creak open. three girls slipped inside, their footsteps silent against the tiled floor. they exchanged knowing glances, smirking as they approached luna from behind.

suddenly, luna felt a sharp tug on her hair. she yanked out her earbuds, wincing in pain and surprise, and turned to see yuri, one of the girls, holding a fistful of her hair with a cruel grin.

"hey, loser," yuri sneered, her voice dripping with malice. "what are you doing in here all alone? crying over woojin?"

the other two girls, mina and soyeon, laughed derisively, flanking luna on either side. luna tried to pull away, but yuri's grip tightened.

"let go of me," luna said, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and anger.

"why should we?" mina taunted, leaning in closer. "you think you're better than us or something?"

soyeon shoved luna's shoulder, causing her to stumble back into her chair. "maybe woojin finally saw what a pathetic loser you are," she spat.

tears of frustration welled up in luna's eyes, but she refused to let them fall. "just leave me alone," she pleaded, her voice barely above a whisper.

yuri yanked harder, making luna cry out. "what's wrong, luna? feeling a little... powerless?"

before luna could respond, a voice cut through the tension like a knife. "let her go."

all four girls turned to see kim dohyun standing in the doorway, his expression a mixture of anger and disgust. he stepped into the room, his tall frame and confident stride making the bullies take a step back.

"mind your own business, dohyun," yuri snapped, though her grip on luna's hair loosened.

"this is my business," dohyun said firmly. he moved closer, his gaze never leaving yuri's. "now, let her go. now."

yuri hesitated, then released luna's hair with a scoff. "whatever. she's not worth our time anyway."

mina and soyeon snickered as they followed yuri out of the room, casting mocking glances back at luna. the door closed behind them, leaving an uneasy silence in their wake.