Chapter 01

Kim Taehyung found award shows tiring.

Honestly, the sitting down for hours and watching the whole proceedings sometimes made his brain cry. The only moments that didn't make him want to sigh were the ones his members were involved in. Moments like performing with them; appreciating certain artists' performances with them; laughing with them, and collecting countless awards with them.

Those moments, he appreciated, but the rest? Taehyung could not. So, while his members were pretending to be invested in whatever the MAMA's host was saying, he pasted a smile and lied that he was going to the restroom. They all murmured 'Okay,' but Jimin rose a curious brow at him. He ignored that and strode backstage.

"Finally." He muttered and made sure to bow to the staff and the artists that were loitering the backstage. He saw two members of Enhypen —Heesung and Jay, he guessed— and also two TXT members —Taehyun and Hueningkai — conversing by the entrance door of Enhypen's green room and responded to their bows with a wave and a smile.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips when he got to the end of the hallway and found the storage room he was hoping to spend two minutes in. Unfortunately for him, when he opened the door, he was hit with the smell of nicotine, menthol and the presence of another person. He coughed a little because of the strong smell — the person was definitely chain smoking — and while he was waiting for the smoke fog to clear, he heard a familiar, breathy voice that never failed to make his heart pick up.

"What are you doing here?" The smoke fog cleared, and he realized that the smoker was no other than Kim Somi, one of the greatest solo artists of the third generation and the only lady who knew how to make Taehyung's heart race.

"Didn't know you smoked." With help from the overhead bulb, he took an empty paint can and sat right in front of Somi. Empty packets and stubbed out cigarettes were scattered around her and Taehyung was slightly worried because the Somi he knew never smoked.

"Just started." A gummy smile stretched her lips as she offered him the cigarette trapped between her index and middle finger. "Wanna join me?"

He shook his head. "Nah."

She shrugged before placing the cigarette between her lips and Taehyung's worries increased tenfold when he noticed the thick, bruised, dark purple circles beneath her eyes. He didn't see that when she stepped into the award show hall or when she performed —her performances were part of the moments that never made him tired — and he guessed it was because the heavy makeup she had now wiped off.

Taehyung's guts twisted. Something was wrong. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" She placed the cigarette on the floor and stubbed it out with her combat boot. "There's nothing to talk about, Taehyung-ssi."

"Thought I told you to call me Taehyung?" He clucked his tongue and reached for her hands. He raised a brow when he realized that they were shaking. "Somi, what's wrong?"

Somi blew strands of her dyed ginger red hair away from her face and remained silent for a few seconds. "I want to sleep and I want a break from everything." She chuckled. "But not all things are possible, yeah?"

"You could tell your CEO you want a break. I'm pretty sure he would allow." He remembered Somi's CEO being nice and welcoming when Bangtan's CEO had sent an email requesting for a Bangtan and Somi collaboration.

"Yeah, he would probably allow." A small, sad smile crossed her lips. "But ever since my collaboration with you seven, demands for me increased and I don't know how to tell my CEO I need a break so here I am, I guess."

A frown on his face, Taehyung tilted his head a little. "No offence but you kind of look like a mess. I'm surprised your CEO has not noticed anything."

A breathy laughter escaped Somi's lips and Taehyung hated his breath for catching in his throat. "None taken and," she poked her tongue out, "makeup really helps when you want to hide things you don't want anyone else to see."

"Somi," he clutched her hand tighter, "once the award season is over, you really should tell your CEO you need a break."

"You really care about me, huh?" Her familiar gummy smile appeared again. "Don't worry Taehyung. Once MAMA is over, I don't think you would be able to see me until whenever."

"Is that your way of saying you would finally go on a needed break or I should be worried?" Her response was a shrug and Taehyung's guts twisted tighter but before he could say anything, his phone vibrated and he extracted his hands from Somi's to retrieve the device in his pocket.

Soulmate with a J: Where the hell are you? The nominations for 'Artist Of The Year' is about to start.

"Oh, I have to go." He pocketed his phone before standing up. "Artist Of The Year nominations is starting soon."

"Oh Ok." With a smile, she gave him a thumbs up. "You guys are definitely gonna win."

"Nah." He threw her a smile. "My angel told me you're probably gonna win."

Somi's nose scrunched up. "I don't think your angel is right this time but if I do win, tell Hyejin to collect it for me."

Taehyung wrapped his hand around the door's handle. "You are not coming back to your seat?"

"I might, I might not."

"Oh." Something was telling him not to leave her like this but he had no choice or else his members would probably kill him. "I would tell her then."

She blessed him with a grateful smile. "Thank you"

"Anytime."

When he got back to his seat, he heaved a sigh of relief once he realized nominations were just starting. "I'm back."

"Where were you?" Jungkook asked and scrunched up his nose. "And why do you smell like that?"

"What?" He sniffed his shirt and realized that the smell from Somi's cigarette had clung to his shirt. "Oh, I was with Somi and she was smoking so yeah."

Eyes on the large screen displaying Artist Of The Year nominations, Namjoon furrowed his brows. "I didn't know she smokes."

"It's a once in a while thing, I guess." He said before rotating on his chair to face the four ladies seated behind them. "Hyejin-ssi?"

"Yes?" Hyejin, popularly known as Hwasa, turned her attention from the large screen to Taehyung, her eyes brimming with curiosity.

"Somi said if she wins this award, you should be the one to collect it for her."

Like Namjoon had done, Hyejin frowned slightly; her brows furrowed. "Huh, okay?"

Taehyung smiled at her and when he turned, he noticed that his members were sending raised brows. "Later." He mouthed and they went back to focusing on the large screen.

Somi did win the award —his angel was never wrong— and to the obvious confusion of almost everyone, Hyejin was the one who collected the award. Taehyung watched her make an award speech that would definitely make Somi proud.

A voice in him was still whispering in him that something was wrong and he realized he should have listened to his inner voice once the award show was over and he heard Somi's staff asking everyone if they knew where Somi was. Heart racing, Taehyung went to check the storage room but she was not there.

Three days later, Kim Somi was pronounced as missing, and Kim Taehyung's heart completely shattered.