Making Sound

Setting: Dovedoll's Apartment - A Few Months Ago

The memory begins in Dovedoll's apartment, bathed in the warm, golden light of late afternoon. The room is filled with a comforting aroma of a simmering stew on the stove, and the soft strains of a violin concerto play in the background. The apartment is still full of life, with Baby's paintings adorning the walls and plants adding vibrant touches of green.

Dovedoll's phone rings, and she picks it up, seeing Baby's name flash on the screen. Her heart skips a beat as she answers.

"I miss you," Baby's voice comes through, thick with emotion. "i'm sorry"

Tears well up in Dovedoll's eyes as she hears those words. "Baby, I..."

Before she can finish, there's a knock on the door. She opens it to find Baby standing there, looking disheveled and pained. Without a word, she steps aside, letting him in. The air between them is charged with unresolved tension and unspoken words.

They sit down at the kitchen table, and at first, the conversation is quiet, filled with longing glances and tentative smiles. But as they talk, the conversation grows heated. Their voices rise, overlapping, the intensity of their emotions breaking through the surface.

"You said forever!" Baby shouts, his face flushed with anger and desperation.

Dovedoll's voice trembles with both love and frustration. "Do you love her?"

The argument escalates. "We can work it out!" Baby insists, but there's a crack in his voice, betraying his uncertainty.

"Can we?" Dovedoll pleads, her eyes brimming with tears. "Please, can we really?" Dovedoll wasn't asking it was more of a i don't think we can

In a moment of uncontrollable anger, Baby sweeps a dish off the table. It crashes to the floor, shattering into pieces. The sound is deafening in the silence that follows. They stare at each other, both breathing heavily, the reality of their crumbling relationship starkly evident.

Baby takes a step back, his expression conflicted. "Forever," he whispers, but it sounds more like a question than a promise.

Dovedoll reaches out to hold him, her hand trembling, her heart breaking. "Baby, please..."

But Baby steps back further, avoiding her touch. "we can't," he says, his voice barely audible, filled with regret and resignation.

He turns and walks out of the apartment, closing the door behind him with a final, echoing thud. The moment he leaves, Dovedoll collapses to her knees, the weight of his absence crushing her. The tears flow freely now, her sobs wracking her body as she curls into herself on the cold, hard floor.

The apartment, once a sanctuary filled with love and music, feels unbearably empty. The silence is deafening, the broken dish a stark symbol of their shattered relationship. The stew on the stove continues to simmer, forgotten, its comforting aroma now a painful reminder of what was lost.

Dovedoll's sobs gradually quiet, but the pain remains, a deep, gnawing ache in her chest. She stays there on the floor, feeling worse than she ever had before he came over, the hope of reconciliation now a distant, shattered dream.

The flashback fades, leaving the stark contrast of the present day-a remodeled kitchen, devoid of life and love, and Dovedoll, a solitary figure struggling to move forward from the ghost of her past.