23 - Stories of the Past

After about a good 10 minutes of crying, i calmed down. I think its safe to say that i actually ran out of tears or else i probably would have kept crying. Regardless, i managed to pull my self together and pull myself away from jimin. Considering how long i cried, yea. Jimins shirt was pretty drenched...it looked like he was drinking water but accidently splashed it all over himself.

"Sorry..." i mumble, sniffling.

"Moon its ok...don't apologize for letting your feelings out." he mumbles as he cups his face, wiping away the stray tears lefts near my eyes with his thumbs.

"Ok" i whisper back "b-but...how'd jin even get that hurt?"

"That.....is something i still need to figure out."

"Ok...what do you think happened"

He sighs "if i were to guess? Scorpions..."

"Why the hell would there be scorpions in new york?" i ask, feeling insanely confused.

"Not the insect thing...the gang. You know how we're the shadows? Kinda like that...they've been eyeing to kill us off after they've heard about your parents. Now you're here...it's different"

"Oh..."

"Anyway...speaking of Jin....how the hell did you know how to do all that? Like first aid and blah blah blah"

"Oh that...training. I took a med course for a year just in case a random person ever decided to chop themselves in front of me...and yea...that's how." I say kinda proudly and jokingly

"Thats cool...i guess we have another doctor in the house huh?"he nudges me playfully

I laugh and wash my face a little with cold water. My face was puffy, my eyes were swollen and bloodshot...if anyone saw me, they'd easily think i was drunk.

After i washed my face, jimin led me to his room. I instantly curled up on his bed as he went into his closet leaving the door open. I gotta say...this jimin...is not the same jimin i've seen 6 years ago. I remember him as a slightly chubby mochi face. This man...i swear...since when does he have a fricking 8 pack?!!?

While i was off wondering how the hell this guy became a whole fucking sculpture from a form of a little cute dumpling, i heard a low chuckling. Aaaand thats when i realized i was staring. Yea. redhanded.

"Like what you see princess?" he asks jokingly

"First. Ew. second...WHAT the hell are those!?!" i gesture to his abs over his new shirt.

"Those...are a goddamn result of training with the freaks in the gang. I think it's safe to say they all conditioned me enough that i could probably take on a whole 7 foot tall man who works out." he says as he lays down next to me.

"No way..." i mumble, "what about cute mochi? Minus the pink hair...thats adorable...but im not talking about that"

"Yea...cute mochi is down the drain...you only get to squish my cheeks...not my tummy. And don't you dare think about tickling me like you did a few days earlier. I will attack you back this time" he threatens me jokingly

"Jimin?" i turn to him.

"Yea moon?"

"Why does tae hate you? Weren't you two best friends? Like really really close?"

He sighs "lunes...are you sure you wanna hear it? It's gonna be hard on both of us..." i nod in return. I mean...he knows how stubborn i can be. He's gotta deal with it.

"Well..." he starts "the day your parents were sent on... their um...last mission, it was my birthday. My parents were supposed to go but for some stupid reason, they didn't go. It was something to do with the food or me getting sick or just whining about how they never had time for me..." he stops to take a deep shaky breath "Thats when your parents stepped in and told them to stay with me. I never knew it was an ambush....a-and by then...we all got the news... my parents left as soon as they heard to see if they could give your parents back up... but by then...it was too late..." he whispers, trailing off

"Every damn day...i feel so guilty about it...it should havebeen my parents not yours...because yours were on top of the chain...they fall, we all do...i was being stupid and blind and everything in between. I should've let my parents go instead...maybe then we would have lost only 2 instead of 17...."

I feel my start to shatter when he starts blaming himself. And i know for a fact it wasn't his fault. No one can predict things like this. Not me, not him, not our parents...and its not fair that taehyung is blaming this on him too...

"Chim..." i whisper

"Moon...im sorry...you wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for me...you wouldn't have to choose between a dangerous life and a peaceful one..." he whispers as tears start to cascade over his cheeks.