Part 7 [End]

19

Jiang An's Extra:

The first time I met Lin Wan Yue, she was handing out flyers in front of a milk tea shop.

She was sweating profusely, so I took a flyer from her.

Later, I saw her again at school and realized she was at the same university with me.

I overheard people talking: "Why is Lin Wan Yue working so many part-time jobs? Is her family really poor?"

"Probably. It's strange, though, she even has a scholarship, but it's still not enough."

I saw her again, this time in front of a hospital.

Her eyes were red as she frantically made calls from the numbers on utility poles, asking if they had any part-time work available.

My heart softened.

I walked up to her and asked, "Do you want to be my maid?"

At first, she was a bit wary and asked what I wanted in return.

But I transferred the money to her first.

She breathed a sigh of relief and rushed to pay the surgery fees.

The next morning, before 7 AM, she called me.

"Boss... I'm downstairs at your dorm, I brought you breakfast, come down and get it."

Suppressing my morning grumpiness, I went downstairs to get the sandwich she had made.

But when I saw her bright eyes, any irritation I had melted away.

I didn't really want to get up early to eat breakfast.

What kind of college student gets up at 7 AM every day?

But Lin Wan Yue didn't give me any chance to sleep in.

She felt that since she was being paid, she should do her job well, and called me punctually at 7:30 every morning.

I bit into the sandwich, drank the hot milk, and tears of exhaustion streamed down my face.

It was all my own doing.

Later, there was one time I ordered eight dishes and a soup, hoping she would be busy until eight or nine o'clock before waking me up.

Who would have thought that my diligent little maid would get up at 5:30 AM?

At exactly 7:29 AM, she knocked on my bedroom door: "Boss, time to eat!"

My head hurt even more.

How could I get her to stop making breakfast?

Maybe I should just make her my girlfriend; a girlfriend wouldn't make me get up early, right?

It turns out... I still had to get up early.

And since we were living together, I had to get up even earlier.

Every morning, she woke up around 6 AM to start preparing, then dragged me to the dining table to begin our wonderful day.

All I wanted was to crawl back into bed for another 20 minutes.

No way chicken soup would be more tempting than extra sleep, right?

But no one understood my pain; everyone said I didn't appreciate what I had.

Later, I noticed a pattern: if I put in more effort at night, she couldn't get up the next day.

But I found that this didn't work either.

Because even though Lin Wan Yue couldn't get up, I still had to get up early.

I had to get up to buy her favorite steamed buns and soy milk, and then coax her to eat.

Why is it so hard to just sleep in a little...

20

Extra:

The final exams were approaching, and everyone was burning the midnight oil.

It was rumored that Jiang An spent 8888 yuan to buy key topics and class notes from the top student in their major.

When I heard this, I regretted it deeply, slapping my thigh in frustration.

Why did that money go to someone else?

If I had known that selling notes could be so profitable, I would have written eight unique sets.

So, I gritted my teeth and picked up a second major in finance.

During the second semester exams, I slammed a notebook down in front of Jiang An.

"I got the key points from the professor. How about I sell it to you cheap?"

That's how my side business started.

A bunch of people came to me for notes, asking if I had ones for English, linear algebra, and Marxist theory.

I was a bit dazed and replied to each, "Yes, I have everything. 88 yuan per subject, available in both print and digital formats."

The power of finals was incredible. In just one morning, I sold nearly a hundred copies of my notes.

Jiang An once asked why I kept saving money.

I told him I wanted to open a dessert shop.

One day, Jiang An took me to a beautifully decorated store.

He asked, "What do you think of this store?"

I looked around carefully and replied, "The location is great, and the decor is lovely. It's the style I like."

Jiang An suddenly handed me a set of keys.

"What are these keys for?"

Jiang An raised his chin towards the glass door and said, "These are the keys to this place."

I looked at him in surprise, "This shop is yours?"

Jiang An smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Silly, it's yours now. Go sell your little cakes, boss lady."

Jiang An's controlling nature was quite strong.

He said that everything in the dessert shop would be up to me.

But he strictly forbade me from selling whole wheat bread.

Because he didn't like it.

I confronted him angrily, "Why can't I sell it just because you don't like it? There are other people like it!"

Jiang An was equally stubborn, "Who likes whole wheat bread? Find one person in the whole world who does."

I glared at him, "I don't care, there must be someone out there."

I still secretly put it on the shelf behind his back.

To sell it quickly and avoid Jiang An's discovery, I even offered a discount—only 9.9 yuan per bag.

As a result... four hours later, I had sold only one bag.

It was bought by a woman who accidentally knocked it to the floor and felt too embarrassed not to buy it.

In the end, Jiang An bought those few bags of bread, reportedly to give them to his roommate.

One day, Jiang An had a sudden whim to learn how to bake cakes with me.

He stubbornly insisted on starting from the cake base.

But he was so clumsy. No matter how he added the flour and eggs, he never got it right. It was always a very runny batter, and it looked like it would never bake properly.

Finally, I lied to him, saying I had put his mixture in the oven, which relieved him.

In reality, I had swapped it for a pre-made cake base.

Otherwise, it would have taken until dark for him to get it right.

Then, he clumsily used a piping bag to squeeze out some cream and wrote a few ugly words.

I squinted at it for a long time before I could make out that it said, "Lin Wan Yue, Happy Birthday."

Until that moment, I suddenly realized that it was my birthday that day.

In the evening, Jiang An indeed brought out that ugly cake and asked me to make a wish and blow out the candles.

His expression was a bit strange, as if he was expecting something.

It wasn't until I finished cutting the cake and even ate a large piece that he asked in confusion, "Why haven't you found it yet?"

I was taken aback, "What?"

He cut up the remaining cake and searched through it for a while.

"That's not right, where are the rings I prepared? Why aren't they in the cake?"

Suddenly, I guiltily remembered... the cake base Jiang An made seemed to be the one I threw in the trash.

No wonder he insisted on baking the cake base himself, so he was planning to put something inside it?

If I had known, I wouldn't have swapped it.

So, on that chilly and windy night, we put on our coats and rushed to the dessert shop.

After rummaging through the garbage for two hours, I finally found the pair of platinum rings.

They were in an exquisite style, with letters engraved on the inner band, gleaming under the streetlight.

So, we stood amidst a pile of garbage and placed a lifelong promise on each other's fingers.

(The End)