I.

"Honey, are you done yet?" Anne asks as she walks into Claire's room.

Claire was wearing white cotton shorts with a light green tank top that suited her perfectly. "I'll be done in a few minutes mom." She replied. Anne rolls her eyes as she walks out. Claire goes back to putting her bathing suits in her suitcase.

"Hurry up Claire, we're almost there and I don't want to wait forever for you to get here!!" Belly says frustrated over the phone.

"It takes time to pick out the perfect outfits. I'm also done packing so chill." Claire replies back as she closes her pink suitcase.

"Okay, I'll call you when I get there Belly."

"See you soon, can't wait!" Belly hangs up the phone. Claire grabs her phone and water and heads downstairs.

"Finally you're done, let's go or we'll keep everyone waiting." Anne states heading out to the car. Claire heads outside and helps her mom put everything into the car. Claire sits in the passenger's seat while her mom drives.

"Can I turn on some music?" Claire asks.

"Sure honey."

"What song do you want?"

"You can pick"

"Okay well I'm going to play my all time favorite song" Claire connects her phone to the car and start to playing "Delicate" by Taylor Swift.

"I didn't think you'd play Taylor Swift." Her mom says sarcastically.

"Well you told me to pick so don't complain." Claire snaps back.

— ୨୧ —

After a few hours the two finally reach Cousins. Claire stares out the window looking at all the passing by shops. She then looks out to the ocean. She has missed swimming in it and especially surfing. There aren't any beaches in Indiana so she waits patiently every year until she goes back to Cousins Beach. Claire has always loved summer, not only because she gets to see everyone, but the beach and the weather have always been the best part of the season.

Claire has waited forever to see everyone, especially Jeremiah. She waits eagerly every year, counting down the days until she can see him again.

Anne finally pulls into the driveway of the Fisher's beach house. She honks the horn letting everyone know they're here.

Belly is first out the door running to the car as Claire gets out. She's wearing a baggy light yellow T shirt with slightly washed out blue jeans. They pull each other into a big tight hug.

"Ugh, I've missed you so much Claire!"

"I've missed you so much Belly" Claire says pulling out of the hug. "You've changed a lot since last summer Belly, maybe you'll catch the eye of someone special." She whispers into Belly's ear.

"Stop it Claire!" Belly laughs hitting Claire in the arm.

Steven also comes out wearing a dark green, white, and navy blue sweatshirt with army green shorts. He goes over and hugs Claire.

"Look at you Claire, you've grown at least an inch since last summer." Steven announces putting his hand on her head.

"Shut up Steven." Claire rolls her eyes and smacks Steven's hand off her head. Steven steps back and goes to hug Anne.

Susannah is wearing a yellow and white striped dress with floral print and Laurel is wearing a baggy black sleeveless top tucked into long sage green pants. They both go over to Claire and pull her into a group hug