Prologue

Nathan Elliott Bardot.

I noted as I stared at my reflection in the nurse's office.

You see.

I am not Nathan Elliott Bardot.

At least not before.

In my previous life, I was blackmailed by my sister to read a novel that she loved and wanted to talk about to me.

My name was Seraphim Solace and in my old life, I had a mother, a father, and a little sister. A normal family in some ways if not for the fact that my little sister is the most spoilt, entitled and bratty child I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

I was loved as much as my sister.

I know that.

I could still feel how much my parents loved me and my parents were wonderful people so I have no idea why my sister turned out the way she did but whatever Nathalie did after my death was not my problem anymore.

I had to read that damn stupid cringey novel but after I did.

I woke up here.

Nathan Elliott Bardot.

That name.

Yes, of course.

Just my fucking luck.

He's supposed to be the Antagonist of the novel.

Of course, there are rivals like Lillian, Charlotte and Lila who are in love with the main male lead but Nathan was the odd one.

The only boy in the rivals.

Of course but the gay man as the evil one, right?

Anyway!

The game described the protagonist, Cassidy Jenkins as standing at 5'6". She has an athletic build that reflects her active lifestyle and love for sports. Her striking green eyes, often narrowed in determination or defiance, contrast with her auburn hair, which she usually ties back in a practical ponytail, though loose strands often escape, framing her face. Cassidy's style is casual yet functional, favoring jeans, fitted t-shirts, and sneakers that allow her to move freely and comfortably. She accessorizes sparingly, typically with a simple bracelet that holds sentimental value as it was given to her by her father before he passed away.

Her best friend was Hope McKenna who was 18-year-old. She has a lively and approachable appearance. She has wavy chestnut-brown hair that falls just past her shoulders, often held back with a colorful headband. Her bright green eyes sparkle with curiosity and kindness, complementing her warm, sun-kissed complexion. Standing at a modest 5'4", she has an athletic build from years of playing soccer, which gives her a confident and energetic presence. She so happen to befriend Cassidy because she was so nice to her and not like the other girls who bullied her.

Carter Dallas, the male lead, had a striking and somewhat mysterious appearance. He has tousled dark brown hair that effortlessly frames his sharp, chiseled features. His piercing blue eyes seem to hold a depth of untold stories, drawing people in with their intensity. Standing at 6'4", he has a lean yet muscular build from years of playing basketball, giving him an athletic and commanding presence. His tanned skin hints at time spent outdoors, and a faint, almost perpetual smirk often plays on his lips, adding to his enigmatic charm. Fell in love with Cassidy because she liked to play basketball with him and was not like other girls.

Indigo Smith, a rival to the male lead. He has a striking and distinct appearance that commands attention. He has sleek, jet-black hair that he often styles meticulously, contrasting sharply with his pale, almost porcelain skin. His eyes are a captivating shade of gray, cool and calculating, always seeming to assess the situation around him. Standing at 5'11", Indigo has a lean and well-toned physique, a result of his dedication to martial arts. His sharp, angular features and confident demeanor give him an air of sophistication and intensity that sets him apart. Fell in love with Cassidy because she listened to his troubles about disappointing his parents.

Misha Harper, Carter's childhood friend before he moved away. He has a laid-back and approachable look. He has shaggy, light brown hair that he often pushes back with his fingers, giving him a relaxed and slightly disheveled appearance. His hazel eyes are warm and expressive, always ready to share a laugh or a kind word. Standing at 5'10", Misha has a slim, athletic build from his love of skateboarding. His complexion is fair, with a few freckles scattered across his nose and cheeks, adding to his boy-next-door charm.

And of course, there's me. Nathan Elliott Bardot. Who's presence commands attention and instills a sense of unease. Standing at 6'1" with a well-built, athletic frame, he exudes an air of confidence that borders on arrogance. His sharp features are complemented by piercing blue eyes that seem to see through any facade, making it difficult for anyone to hide their true intentions around him. Nathan's long hair is dark brown, almost black, and he keeps it meticulously styled, adding to his polished and intimidating appearance. His wardrobe consists of tailored clothing, often in dark colors, with a penchant for leather jackets and crisp, expensive-looking attire that speaks to his affluent background.

Yeah.....

So you know bad boy type.

But....

Get this, he bullies Cassidy because he loves Carter and doesn't want Carter to end up with Cassidy.

Carter stops this and the two end up in a huge fight where Carter ends up pushing Nathan off a set of stairs and Nathan ends up in a coma.

Yeah....

Never be me fighting for such a jerk ass guy like Carter.

Look!

The name of the book is, "The Girl Next Door."

Carter and Cassidy are neighbors who start off as friends but rivals try to break them apart.

But that only helps their friendship turn into a relationship.

During this time, Carter has three fights with Nathan. The second, he does fall off the stairs but just bumps his head but the last one was the one that ended it for him. Then, Carter gets suspended, Cassidy decides to stay with him and they open up a café together.

They fuck.

The end!

So anyway back to me.

Nathan blinks as he snaps himself out of thought.

The side of his head had a bandage.

The second fight.

Why was Carter next to him!?

"The hell you're still here!?" Nathan said annoyed and angry.

Seraphim really hated it here.

"Man, you were out cold for hours. I thought you were gone. Nathan, shit. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have fought with you over Cassidy." Carter said patting Nathan's back.

"Ewww." Nathan thought as he twisted his face in pure disgust.

Internal of course.

Carter looked so pathetic right now being so apologetic.

But Nathan did care about him sooo.

Maybe Seraphim should care a little.

Nathan sighed.

"I'm fine." Nathan grumbled.

How that he thought about it, his head hurts really bad.

Nathan rubs his head, trying to think and take away some of the pain.

At this point, Carter and Cassidy are just fucking friends like him and Nathan but clearly there is preference involved because Cassidy could say that Nathan is scary and Nathan can't say that Cassidy is too clingy because it ended in this.

Nathan glanced at Carter who now looked relieved that he was awake.

"Nathan, you are right." Carter admitted to Nathan.

"Huh?"

"You are right. I shouldn't be ditching you and the boys for Cassidy all the time." Carter stated.

What the hell is going on!?

Carter is admitting to Nathan that he was wrong and that Cassidy is clingy!?

What's go on!?