05 - Big Time Agents

The boys stood stock-still, hardly registering that they were even breathing until someone finally broke the silence.

"What... What just happened...?"

It was Carlos who mumbled that along with a string of Spanish verbiage that his Papi wouldn't be happy about him even knowing, let alone repeating.

It was madness for the next few minutes as personnel scrambled around the boys mainly to clean up the mess.

The more mature two of the trio (if not by much) were so far gone that they had to be led around by the now frantic Latino as he dragged them over to the on-site hospital where not only their boss but a semi-conscious Logan awaited them.

---

When they got to the infirmary, Kelly was barely able to even look at them, let alone form her next sentences, as she doted on her now wounded boss.

"B-Boys...?"

Logan was little better off. While the facilities and staff were helping with his recovery, he was still resting.

The remaining three envied him.

James had finally remembered how to speak, though his voice was chillingly fragile as opposed to the self-confident aura he prided himself on exuding.

"Is he...gonna be okay?"

The almost childlike fear in his tone nearly broke the assistant's heart in two, but she managed to get herself together enough to respond.

"He'll recover. The doctors said that he's very lucky that the slash only grazed his side. If things had been different..."

No one had the courage to finish that thought, as if they needed to anyway.

Silence reigned until none other than Ibuki walked in, possibly to check on Logan.

The girl looked completely different from back at the party or even earlier when she woke them up. A practiced mix of hardened features and concerned eyes gave off the impression of someone much older than the young adult before the group of foreigners.

She had seen conflict before.

Letting down her mask, she spoke. "What happened?"

Since Kendall hadn't so much as opened his mouth since the fighting stopped, it fell to Carlos and James to explain their side as best they could (with Kelly intervening when she could).

What the ninja girl picked up on as they were talking was the leader of the band finally mutter something.

"N-No..."

As Kendall began to shake his head in disbelief, Ibuki's features began straddling the line between wariness and concern. Something was wrong...

She was right, and luckily still in a position to catch him while he was unsteady on his feet before he could fall to the floor, passed out.

The terrified shout from the Americans was enough to jar Logan awake.

"KENDALL!"

---

Nobody had wanted to tell Logan about what had happened. That was more than clear enough from the apparent vow of silence that everyone had taken from the moment he'd woken up (except Ibuki, who was abruptly shushed before she could've said anything).

The smarter band-mate wasn't fooled, however. He took a look around the room at the simmering cauldron of grief, anger, and sadness and started to rattle off questions as his stress level rose.