chapter 2

i had one week until i went to Hogwarts, i was sad to leave my mom, but excited to start school. i ran downstairs to meet my mom for breakfast. "hi honey, I'm so so sorry but i cant eat with you this morning, i have to go into work," i frowned, "well that sucks, but i get it, I'm gonna be upstairs then, my headphone's will be on so i won't hear when you come in," she nodded, "love you angel," she kissed the top of my head, "love you too mum," i waved and she left for work. i quickly ate and headed back upstairs. 

i still couldn't get the boy out of my mind, so i decided to paint him. look i know that's a little weird but shush, it's what i do okay? 

i changed into my painting clothes and turned on my Walkman. i put in my favorite tape and was blasting it while i painted. 

when i finished painting i stepped back and smiled

when i finished painting i stepped back and smiled. it was getting late so i went downstairs. "mum?" i called out taking my headphones off, "in here darling!" she called from the dining room, "how was work?" i asked sitting down beside her, "oh you know, work," she chuckled. "how was painting?" she asked looking down at my clothes, i giggled, "it was really fun actually, I've had the same person in my head since we went to diagon alley for my school supplies," she smiled, "is it a booooooy?" she poked me and tickled me, "yes!! it was," i said in between laughs. 

"but, i don't know his name or anything about him, he was just really..." i trailed off, thinking of him again, "sorry, zoned out, he was really interesting looking, i mean he had white hair, and kind of looked like the roses out front you know what i mean?" she smiled, "white hair you say?" i nodded, "well then my dear, that was a Malfoy," i crooked my neck, "how'd you-" she cut me off, "i went to school with Lucious Malfoy, and i work in the ministry with him," i nodded "makes sense" we laughed for a moment and continued on talking about things. 

~timeskip~

it was now the day i left for Hogwarts, mum and i were stood on the platform waiting for the gate to open so we could pass through. she was smiling down at me proudly. 

as the clock rang she looked up, "you ready?" i nodded and we ran through the gate. i was smiling brightly as we went through the other side. the train was pulling up as we arrived. "okay my darling, this is where i let you go, have fun and write to me soon okay? let me know what house youre in and everything!" she started tearing up, "aw mum don't cry! it's okay, i will write as soon as i can, i love you so so much!" i swear sometimes it felt like i was the adult. i wiped her tears and smiled, "okay okay, be safe, i love you y/n!" i smiled and stepped onto the train, i walked down until i found a compartment that was empty and secluded almost. i smiled and sat my things down and cozied up into the seat. that was until a boy comes down and nocked on the door. 

"hi sorry, is anyone sitting with you? all of the other compartments are full," i flinched as i wasn't expecting anyone to come and sit, "n-no ones s-sitting here, y-you're we-welcome to" i mentally facepalmed, what the hell was that y/n?? he smiled and sat on the other side. "hi, i'm Harry," he stuck his hand out, "harry potter?" i asked quietly, "yeah, uh but I'm not really all that powerful, I'm just an 11 year old boy who didn't know he was a wizard until about 15 hours ago," he sighed, "oh- sorry i didn't like-" he cut me off, "no it's fine, just pretend you havent heard all of these stories about me though, I'm afraid i wont live up to them," he smiled. i grabbed his hand, "well it's nice to meet you harry, I'm y/n," we shook hands until there was another knock on the door.