☆ : 𝐴𝑡𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝐸𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝙈𝙮 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧-𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙. The sky is bluest in its forms, the clouds drifting lazily across the horizon.

The scene before me seemed like a painting come to life. There are houses beyond those stones, their rooftops peeking out from behind the rolling hills in the distance. The chirping of birds and the gentle rustling of leaves added to the atmosphere.

I gotta admit, this side of the place isn't as bad as I thought. From where I read, the countryside is most often associated with mud, barns, and pesky bugs that would literally drink your blood in the dead of night.

I guess the books from before are stereotypical sh*t.

"What is this place...?" I wondered. I clung to my mother's arm, taking in the scenery around me.

"This must be an abandoned theme park," Father guessed. He looks at the structure behind us. There's a clock tower on top of the building, standing tall and eerie against the clear sky. "They built so many in the early 90's, but they all went down with the economy. This must be one of them."

'Thanks for the history lesson, dad...' I thought to myself, unimpressed. 'If this were a theme park, where would all the rides and stalls be?'

Dad marched up ahead, followed by Mom, who escaped from my grasp. "Dad, Mom, where are you guys going?"

"We'll be sightseeing, sweetie," Mom said with a smile.

"Didn't you guys say that you'd only look around for a few seconds?" I shouted as they went farther and farther away from me, looking awe-stricken at this place.

'How densely must you ignore your child's plea?' I groaned, resigned to the fact that my parents were about to embark on a full-blown exploration of the abandoned amusement park, whatever the heck this place is.