twenty eight.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE DISCHARGE

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✦ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

3rd person pov!

"thank you so much, doctor kim and nurse park." akari did a ninety degree bow as she thanked her caretakers, finally out of the hospital after who knows how long.

"no problem, ms. iinuma. you are discharged now, please be careful on the road in the future."

as akari bowed for the third time in two minutes, keita decided to bow as well to show his appreciation for the people who took care of his now-girlfriend.

keita still couldn't believe he was dating the girl of his dreams.

keita grasped her hand gently, giving her space to let go if she ever wanted to. akari gripped his hand tightly in response, moving closer to him. he smiled at her reaction. "let's go, kari. they're waiting. everyone was really happy after hearing that you would be discharged."

keita picked up his phone and sent a quick text before pressing a gentle kiss to akari's forehead.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✦ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

help
10+ members

keita
coming over rn, she just got discharged

anthonny
on it

seungeon
we got you bro

yunseo
u got this !!

munjung
another day another couple

keita
oh shut up

kamden
shut up and start preparing

munjung
ugh fine

keita
thank you

kamden
no worries bro im gonna
bolt and help u get ready rn

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✦ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

they walked out of the hospital and waited for their taxi there. they didn't talk much, but both of them were comfortable. akari had a bag in her hand, full of the gifts that keita had given her throughout her stay in the hospital — bracelets, keychains, small plushies, key rings, cards, you name it. she looked down into the bag and a grin spread across her face, knowing how lucky she was to have keita.

keita noticed this and smiled as well, happy that she was no longer in the hospital and that she was happy and healthy. he pressed another light kiss to her forehead, unable to resist. akari blushed and hit him gently. "you're such a tease."

keita smiled and said nothing.

the taxi ride was comfortable quiet. not much talking, but it wasn't awkward, it was a loving and peaceful quiet.

(author's note: feeling very single while writing this someone pls turn me into akari)

after about fifteen minutes or so, they arrived at keita's apartment. akari gave him a questioning look, but didn't say anything. they took the lift up to his floor and arrived at his door.