𝟬𝟬𝟮, two tribes, one girl

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
two tribes, one girl

   KARMA APPEARED TO have fallen on Daisy for a whole year and one month already

   KARMA APPEARED TO have fallen on Daisy for a whole year and one month already. She never thought she would experience so many disastrous things that would ruin the lifestyle of this one as a happy girl on the island.

    To tell the truth, her life had changed since a long time already. It looked like a storm. A big storm that couldn't let her breathe one second since that started. It never stopped, she never had a break where she could finally stop thinking and just go have fun outside of her racing minds. Every day when she woke up, she saw her appear, telling her to wake up to look for the waves that were just waiting for her to drown the tips of her toes into the ocean. Every time the Kooks came to tell her how much of an impact she had made on their group, Daisy felt bad. She felt like vomiting every time someone said her beautiful name.

    Lila Olive Abbott.

    One year ago, Lila Abbott fell into an endless night. She was known for her reputation as a bad girl with a big heart, the girl who got into drugs with her boyfriend, Rafe Cameron, and came home late at night without ever giving any news. Daisy sometimes had the illusionary impression of seeing herself in her big sister since her death. Maybe because like her, she also wanted to take her mind off things and no longer think about what people were saying about her. But she had proof that nothing ended well by escaping into drugs and alcohol at every party. And she was certain that even if she went against her parents, nothing good would come of it. Lila was the reason. She had lost her life because everyone never really cared about her. She had lost herself in her own game.

    If the death of Atlas Abbott created a void in the family, then that of Lila was their moment of real breakdown. The family was scattered after these two incidents, making their time together dark and gloomy with thoughts no one should have. Thoughts that a sixteen year old girl, like Daisy, should not face alone. She often landed under the stars, and hoped to join her sister. Hoped that all this pain would go away. But she decided to put herself aside when she felt herself plunging into the darkness that her sister was once forced into. It was too difficult for her to continue living as if her death had not affected her. She could try to live in denial like her mother, but she preferred to do like her father and just face it, but just . . . silently. It brought fewer eyes on her.