18 | feast your eyes

Omniscient
[ thurs, dec 14th 11:58 AM ]
Make A Toast - Restaurant

Omniscient[ thurs, dec 14th 11:58 AM ]Make A Toast - Restaurant

"...From the 'burbs, acting bougie.
From the 'burb but I suck it like Suki.
From the 'burb but I buss it like Juvie.
Throw it back while he talkin' me through it..."

Parking along the curb, Zolina pulled her key out of the ignition and collected her purse from the backseat.

She climbed out of her Kia and slid on a pair of white, circle-framed sunglasses, before pressing the lock button twice and listening to her car chirp.

The sky was a bright blue and free from any clouds, but there was a cool breeze that whipped her braids around her face and made her pull the open flaps of her denim jacket together.

After her early session with Dr. Miller that morning, Zolina felt ten times lighter as she made her way to Make A Toast; a breakfast and brunch restaurant.

Making a turn around the corner, she easily spotted the person that she was meeting. He was seated at a table for two in the outdoor patio area, his head panned downwards as he scrolled through his phone.

"Zorion?" Zolina called out to him as she neared the table.

Zorion looked up from his screen, "Zolina. Hey."

He immediately took the hood off of his head and got up from his chair to pull hers out for her.

"Thank you." She sat down on the smooth metal. "And thank you for coming."

"Of course. Thank you for reaching out." He pointed down at the drink that sat on top of a cork coaster on the wood table. "I didn't know if you wanted anything, so I just ordered you a lemonade. Hope that's okay?"

"It's perfect." She picked up the cool glass and took a sip of the sweet, refreshing beverage. "Thank you."

"No problem." He scooted his chair in closer and intertwined his fingers before resting them atop the table. "How are you? How have you been?"

"Um, I've been alright, I guess." She said honestly, using her straw to mix around the ice in her drink. "Just been trying to sort my life out, organize my thoughts."

He nodded, "I get that. How's that going?"

"It's getting easier." She smiled small, moving the sunglasses on top of her head. "I mean, thanks to my therapist."

"Therapy can definitely help a lot with that." He commented, twisting the gold rings around on his fingers. "But don't forget that you're the one who puts in the work, though."

Curiosity spread across her features, "You've been to therapy?"

"After everything that's happened?" He let out a light chuckle. "Yeah. For sure."