20 | cherie amour

Omniscient
[ fri, march 1st 12:14 PM ]
Sierra Springs - Gated Community

Gwendolyn anxiously played with the zipper on her hot pink cropped hoodie, yanking it up and down as she walked up the steps to Theo's door

She adjusted her jean shorts and double checked that all of her locs were tightly secured in the high bun before she rang the doorbell.

Theo had called Gwendolyn earlier that day and spontaneously invited her over for lunch during the hour break she had between clients.

Since Valentine's Day, the two of them had been spending a lot more time together, and Gwendolyn was finally able to experience what it was like to be taken out on dates and flaunted around.

It may have seemed like the bare minimum, but it felt like she was being spoiled— and she liked it.

"Hey." Gwendolyn smiled brightly, seeing a shirtless Theo open the door.

"Hey..." Theo tapped the screen of his phone, checking the time. "You early."

"Yeah, my last canvas tapped out on me. Hope that's okay?" She said, realizing that she showed up before their agreed time of one o'clock. She was just eager to see him. "Sorry, I probably should have called–"

"Theo?" A woman's voice called out from inside of the home. "Are you gonna come back so we can finish?"

All of the colour drained out of Gwendolyn's face as an ice cold wave of humiliation washed over her body. A feeling that she was all too familiar with.

She couldn't believe that this was happening to her again– and with someone new. Someone that she had let her guard down for and decided to take a chance on.

"Oh. I–" She swallowed the golf ball sized lump that had formed inside of her throat, her mouth dry. "My bad. I didn't know you were busy."

Theo quickly looked over his shoulder and then back at her, "I'm not–"

"Yeah, uh." She pointed a thumb behind her. "Yeah. I'm gonna go."

He shook his head, "You don't have to–"

"Nah, it's cool. I'll let you..." She waved a hand in the direction of his house, trying not to sound as salty as she was. "Finish whatever you need to."

With anger and hurt bubbling up inside of her and threatening to boil over, Gwendolyn turned on her heels to leave, but Theo took two long strides and was in front of her before she was able to make the sprint back to her Tesla.

"Can you chill out, Gwen? Come inside."

Theo ignored the lethal scowl that was carved into her soft features and clutched onto her waist, using light force to steer her in the direction of the front door before she could run off. He didn't even give Gwendolyn the opportunity to step out of her sandals.