The Calm before the Storm

Poppy POV

After a lot of walking, we finally arrived at Smurf Village. It had change a bit since we were last here.

There were brick walls around the village. The door was made out of steel and we had to figure out the passcode to enter. After a few tries, we entered the word 'Smurf,' and it opened. Since it was nighttime, every smurf was asleep, but it seemed like they were still doing their defences.

"Let's get some sleep and tomorrow after breakfast, we prepare for battle," Smurfette said. We do so, splitting up and entering our mushroom houses.  

On the next day, we head to the cafeteria for breakfast. During breakfast, Papa Smurf said, "So, did you stop Gargamel and the others from retrieving the ingredients?"

"Unfortunately, no," Hefty explained as I placed a sausage in my mouth. "We did get it, however we accidentally woke up the giant spider. We managed to defeat it, but by the time we were done, Gargamel and the others had escaped with both the fungus and the gas,"

"Looks like that they are one step closer to killing all of us," Papa said. "Good thing we are prepared."

"Don't worry, Papa," Brainy said. "Last night, we stole the object and replace it with a fake one. If he says the spell and throws it at us, we won'y be affected,"

"That's a good thing to do for all of you," Papa said. "What do we do with the real one then?"

"If we throw at Gargamel and the others without saying the spell, the mist released will caused them to fall unconscious," Brainy said. "Hopefully long enough for us to kick him back to the Swamp of No Return,"

"Yeah," Branch said. "We just have to hope our plan works," "I agree," Clumsy said. "We were away from the village far to long and used a lot of our energy into this,"

"Okay," Papa said. "Do you know when they will come and attack?" "No," I said. "That's why I think we should prepare as fast as we can. We never know when or where he will-" My sentence was interrupted when we all felt the ground shake.

"Did you all feel that?" Branch asked. Everyone stopped eating and turned to look at him.

"Feel what?" Spruce asked. The ground shook again.

"What's causing the ground to shake?" Viva asked.

"Something big," Papa said, standing up and leaving the cafeteria. We all follow him outside and saw that something was tearing it's way through the trees.

Then Gargamel, Velvet, Veneer, Azreal, and Monty came into our distance. "Finally!" Gargamel said happily.  "I finally found Smurf Village!" "You wouldn't have found it if it weren't for us," Veneer said. "But let's destroy them, shall we?"

"Everyone, prepare for battle!" Papa ordered. Immediately, all the smurfs around us ran around, picking up spears, bows and arrows, and ran to their stations as Gargamel prepared to break inside.

He raised his fist, yelled, "Prepare for Garmageddon!" and with a tremendous amount of strength, he punched the brick wall, leaving big hole inside. Once they were inside, we started to throw spears and fire arrows at them.

"The spears don't seem to be doing much," I said as they dodge the weapons. "Neither do the arrows!"

"Run!" Smurfette yelled. Some of us stared to run while others stayed back to attack. They threw anything at them using catapults when the ran out of spears and arrows.

However, that didn't stop them. Monty and Azreal took down the catapults so that they cleared a path for Gargamel, Velvet, and Veneer.

"To the escape route!" Papa yelled. "Now!" We started to follow Papa towards the backup escpe route, but Azreal and Monty blocked our path.

"Now that we have you all in one place, it's time for your end," Gargamel said. "Any last words?" Gargamel pulled out the ball that he thought was the key to our death. We tried to act like that we were defeated.

"You have finally outsmarted us," Smurfette said. "If only I hadn't betray you, I would have lived longer,"

"We could do anything for you to spare us," Clay said.

"You could teach us how to be famous so that we dont have to   steal your talent," Veneer said but then Velvet glared at him.

"We don't need you to teach us," She said. "We can be famous ourselves once you're dead." She then turned to look at Gargamel.

"Do it," She said.

"Inhabitants of this village, meet your end," Gargamel chanted. "No longer you will stay mend," He threw the object at us, and as we had planned, the ball hit the ground, but instead of breaking and spreading mist like the real one, it bounced and hit Azreal  in the face, knocking him to the ground unconscious

"Azreal!" Gargamel cried. "Are you okay? Oh, what have I done to you? Wait a second... this isn't supposed to happen, right?"

"No," Veneer said. "It should break on impact, releasing the mist on the trolls and the smurfs,"

"Then why didn't it do so?" Velvet asked.

"I don't know," Gargamel said. He picked up the ball, chanted the same chant and threw it us again, but it gave us the same result, hitting Monty in the face, who also fell down to the ground, unconscious.

"Monty!" Gargamel yelled. "Ugh, it must be the object then," Velvet snatched it from him and examined it closesly.

"Hey, this is not the object," She said, her voice sounding angry. "This is a ball!" Gargamel looked at us.

"What did you do?" He asked as rage consumed him. Brainy smiled. "Looking for this?" he asked, taking out the object we stole. The real one. He placed it on a catapult, pulled a lever, and the object was launched at the three of them. 

It was too fast for them to dodge them, so it hit them, releasing the mist. Velvet, Veneer, and Gargamel breathed it in and then fell to the ground unconscious.

"Did we win?" Papa asked. Realising that all of them were unconscious, we cheered. We won! I guess our effort was worth it.

After our victory cheer was over, John Dory said, "So how long will they remain unconscious,"

"In a couple of hours," Brainy said. "If i remember correctly, they will wake up at around 5pm,"

"Then we need to send them back to the Swamp of No return before that time," I said.

"Hefty, you, Smurfette, Clumsy, Brainy, Poppy, and Viva, you guys will go and send Gargamel, Azreal, Monty, Velvet, and Veneer to the Swamp of No return," Papa ordered. "The rest of us, get ready for tonight's victory party. I will work on the portal to get you trolls back to your universe,"

"That means I've got a lot to bake," Baker said, dashing off. A smurf waring a blue outfit and had a pencil on one of his ear handed us something that made out of wood. It was big had a handle and wheel on the bottom.

"Use this to carry the villains," He said. "My Mega wheelbarrow should be strong enough to carry the weight,"

"Thanks, Handy," Hefty said as he loaded them onto the inside of the machine. "This will be easier than carrying them,"

Hefty, Brainy, Smurfette, Clumsy, Viva, and I left Smurf Village while wheeling the mega wheelbarrow into the Forbidden forest.