☼

SEPTEMBER 1, 1992

We weren't safe. None of us were. They came to my home. I didn't know what I should do. We tried everything to keep them out. But nothing works. All they want is the stake. I told my husband why us? Why were we the ones in trouble? Why were we the ones to keep the stake safe? Why us? He told me because our family is important. I didn't know why? Yes-are family-we are hunters. But why does it got to be us. Specifically us. There's no meaning to that. We are just putting our kids in danger. Danielle was only two she had no idea what's going on. She only walks. I'm scared that one day she'll find out the truth about everything. Maybe one day she'll understand the meaning of being a summers.

I didn't even know what that means. Our family hunters? Hunters of what? Animals?

Every important detail is not in this diary. It's all ripped out. I don't know how to find out more. I watched Marcel walk into the bar making me grab my mother's diary and walk up to him. I'm getting too anxious to wait.

Might as well take a shot at it. "Marcel." I said to him as he looked up at me with a smile.

"Danielle," he greeted me as I smiled.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked him politely.

"Only if you'rere not busy." I said to him.

"Well, I'm waiting for someone but while I wait we can talk." Marcel said to me pointing towards the chair in front of me.

"Thanks." I mumbled placing my mom's diary on the table.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked me making me clear my throat.

"You know the fire that happened a few years back?" I asked him.

"You mean the accident with your family?" He asked me making me nod.

"How'd you know?" I asked him.

"I read about it." He said to me making me form my lips into a straight line.

"Anyways, I was wondering if you could help me." I said to him.

"You have to be more specific." Marcel told me as I sigh running my hands through my curly hair.

"Since you know everyone here and have contacts-I just-well I want you to help me find out the truth to what happened to my parents." I said to Marcel as he simply gave me a nod.