Episode 1 - Poison

The cold wind was hitting Giyuu's hair. Giyuu was sitting under a tree, watching the view. He turned around when he felt that there was someone nearby. He realized that this person was Shinobu, he looked at her with his usual serious face. But deep down he was a little curious - what was she doing in the woods at this time of night?

"Kocho?"

Shinobu gave him an easygoing smile and sat next to him.

"Tomioka. I was looking for you. Can we talk?"

Giyuu nodded in agreement. Shinobu sighed and looked at the agile movements of the lake, then her smile grew. They both were in a very quiet woods, they both looked a bit peaceful.

Giyuu and Shinobu could be called friends. They sometimes went on the missions together, Shinobu always tried to be close with Giyuu, as much as Giyuu ignored it, he wasn't complaining either. Shinobu looked into Giyuu's eyes with an dull expression, only a smile. Something was wrong.

"I think my timing is good. I want to tell you how the upper moon second one will be killed."

Giyuu was listening her with pure attention. He wondered what she would say else, usually Shinobu wouldn't speak in that tone of voice. In a tired tone of voice, she was failing to hide it.

"I feel like I should share my plan with you, so i will. My plan is different from all plans i did until now. If I meet the upper moon second, me and Kanao will fight him. Of course, this will not be a normal fight. That demon will have to eat me."

In response to Shinobu's words, Giyuu's eyes were opened like fortune-telling stones. What did that mean? Giyuu preferred to keep his silence.

"This demon is a glutton. He loves to eat women. I have ninety-seven kilograms of bunches of poison in my body, seventy times the fatal dose. He will definitely want to eat a female hashira with a high level of physical skills and a healthy body. According to my older sister, upper moon two is much stronger than considering. His power can be said to be equivalent to three hashiras."

Shinobu took a deep sigh. Even if she didn't show it, Giyuu could understand her, the way she feels, the way she thinks. But he still decided to listen her quietly.

"I'm also the first to try this poison. I don't know how much this will have an impact, but I'll try."

"..."

Giyuu just looked at Shinobu for a few minutes. His mind was already filled with Shinobu's plan.

"I respect your decision."

He said in a serious, technical tone. Then he got up and started walking, while Shinobu started walking in the opposite direction of him.

Shinobu and Giyuu were opposite people.

But, you know, opposite poles attract each other.

As Giyuu walked, he felt his vision blur. He slowly touched under his eye with his hand. A tear.

"What is this feeling?..."

"Falling in love is a momentary thing. Suddenly, everything seems to be very bright, suddenly even the most pastel colors begin to warm up... This is a moment when all the dishes are much more delicious. One doesn't fall in love by making decisions. It's just a look, it's done."

☾

"Sakura's meaning is also contradictory. It symbolizes both life and death, beauty and violence. Since the arrival of spring promises a new life, the flowering of cherry blossoms also brings a sense of vitality. At the same time, their short life reminds them that life is temporary."

"How do you feel, Tomioka?"

Said Shinobu. She had just finished healing his wounds. She had asked to be sure, after all, she was worried about him.

"I'm better. Thank you."

"Well. Even if you feel good, I'll ask you to stay in the mansion for a few days. This mission of yours was a little harsh that your spines were damaged. This also affected your body. So I want you to stay... If you don't mind?"

"I don't mind. I can rest."

"Well, if there's no other problem, I'm leaving now."

Shinobu was turning around and going but she paused with Giyuu's voice.

"Kocho."

The young woman turned around.

"Yes?"

"Isn't there another way?"

"For what?"

"For beat the upper moon two."

Shinobu's happy expression fell. Her smile had disappeared, she was staring at him with a normal face.

"No. They say revenge is a cold-eaten dish. Please don't be childish."

After saying that, she left the room. Giyuu just looked behind her. He slowly turned his eye to the window, now he was thinking, as if there was little time left for everything.

Please vote. :>💖