65. Change of Plans

"...We are coming for you next."

Gemma turned off the television and sprang up from the couch in Eva's living room. None of them had slept since the news about the invasion of Line tower had been broadcasted last night.

She had sent Rozwel in a hurry to go and pick up the Nortans and to bring them back to Eva's place. And now all of them had been in the big living room, staring at the television for constant updates on the Last Hand.

The latest one had been the most ominous one. After turning off the television, Gemma stood at the center of the living room and looked at everyone. It was close to afternoon now. "Change of plans," she said. "We are leaving Ardvenia."

Eva rolled her eyes, groaning. "Have a nice journey then. Ugh." She got up to go back upstairs.

"You are coming with us, Eva."

Her cousin frowned at her. "What gives you the idea?"

"We are gonna need you," Gemma said. "We'll have to fly to Moudrin. And we'll have to talk to someone very important there. Only you can help in this one and only if you are there in person."

"Who are you gonna go and talk to in Moudrin?"

"President Leo Albrecht himself."

Eva paused, stared at her cousin and then she said, "Have you lost it?"

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Eva said, groaning as she looked out the window of the private jet. The announcement to put on their seatbelts came on.

Eva was in the seat facing Gemma. Rozwel sat opposite Brendan behind them. The Nortan couple sat facing each other on the opposite side to Gemma and Eva.

As the seat belt sign blinked off, Eva breathed a sigh of relief and waved at Rozwel. "Can you get me a stiff whiskey? Fill the glass up to four fingers."

Rozwel nodded and got up to bring her drink. Gemma was smirking at her cousin. "You're still afraid of flying, Eva?"

Eva just huffed and crossed her arms. "I get nauseated easily. So what?"

"Don't worry, there's also an EMT in our crew. Plus, to keep yourself distracted, we've also got a gameroom in the next cabin."

Eva narrowed her eyes. "Dear Gemma, you think I'm some child who is gonna get distracted–"

"There's also a fuss-ball table."

Eva paused for a second, blushed a bit and then glared at her. "Stop it, Gemma! I'm not five anymore!"

Gemma giggled.

Rozwel arrived with Eva's drink. "Thank you." She took her glass of whiskey from the tray and downed a big gulp. She looked a bit less nervous. She looked at Gemma again. "I don't get it, why did we leave Ardvenia in such a hurry?"

"Because Erik has arrived."

"Wait, he is alive?"

Gemma scoffed. "He is gonna outlast us all, take my word for it."

"So now, cousin Erik is a revolutionary? Interesting." Eva took another sip of her drink. "Still, doesn't explain why you had to go off running like the sky was about to collapse."

"You don't get it, Eva." Gemma shook her head. "Now that he is here, it means, he is about to end his grand plan for his revolution. I can tell he is about to spark off a civil war with what he has done."

Eva nodded. "His plan does seem rock solid. They invaded Line Tower, captured the High House of Justice, the National News Channel building. I can already imagine hundreds of steel heads getting ready to attack him. Heck, they're probably gonna deploy the army too."