70

" Do you work with that guy?" Amir asked .

" i am an investor, Amir," i replied.

" Are investing money in that guy then?" Amir asked .

" No," i replied.

"This funeral, the a wake is exclusive to everyone who is anyone related to him," Kalvin said .

" You sat right next to the guy . Your seat was reserved, " Kalvin added .

" It's....."

" i clearly heard Will tell you to deal with your partner the night of the incident," Neacky interrupted.

I exhaled deeply .

"Why is that important. What matters is that this whole thing is behind us, " i said .

" Darnel, the guy is known for doing everything illegal," Amir said . Sounding so concerned.

" Such guys never go down alone. He will drag you with him, " Kalvin said .

I looked at them in shock , they were all concerned about my safety .

I scoffed unbelievably, after all these years ,after it all, they still cared .

" Helping is one thing , and you getting involved in their dirt is another," kim worriedly said .

" The whole family is acknowledging me , apologising for how that half wit treated ..all saying to helped them see the truth," Kim said .

" Wait , your whole speech was an act," i had to ask .
She was so disgusted talking about Junior, referring to him as half with .

" Will told me to do my best to make them believe i have nothing to do with his death ," Kim said .

" Wow. You even had me convinced you loved him, " Kalvin said . All of us giggling in disbelief. Kim was really something.

" What did you tell them?" Kim asked .

" Nothing , only manipulated their values," I replied.

" Fernando could be a drug dealer and ruthless. But he is human , he treasured his son , treasures being a father and his blood, " i added .

" Darnel, " Kim worriedly called .

" Relax , this behind all of us. We handled it well, " i assured Kim .

" Are you sure?" Amir asked .

" Yes," i replied.

" we protect our own even through the trenches of hell . Have you forgotten? " i asked .
They all slightly.

" Five two five," Kalvin smiled .

" Five two five," Amir repeated, smiling .

I smiled at the phrase , it had been ages since i last here it .

" Is Vanessa safe?" Kalvin asked .

" Yes . " i replied.

" and Fernando has dropped all investigations. " i added .
They all exhaled in relief.

" You looked to be going through it with it with Detective Sean," Kim said .

" i thought i was the only one who noticed, " Neacky said .

I inhaled , rolling my eyes .

" Is he onto you?" Amir asked .

" It's nothing i can't handle," i replied.

" Who are you involved in this and William not?" Kalvin asked .
Making all of us chuckle.

" they are two faces of a coin," Matt appeared with Victoria saying.