THE TOWER || CHAPTER 14

After a mission and a half of getting down from the cliff. We finally reached the maintenance hatch. The odd group of vigilantes and humans slid through the sewers as if we were on an extreme rollercoaster slash waterslide ride. I held onto Donnie tightly and tried to keep my shrieks in check. Don't want to make the poor purple-clad brother deaf with my banshee-type shrieks and I tried to avoid the splashes of dirty shit water from all sides.

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the shell at all times," Mickey announced when he slid by with April in his arms as he addressed us as if we were on an airplane. I giggled at the youngest turtle's antics. He looked rather pleased to have April in his arms.

"Satellite imagery shows Shredder's reached the top of Sacks Tower," Donnie updated us on what was going on above ground as he slid by Raph with Vern clutched in his arms. Raph looked rather irritated and annoyed at the human in his grasp.

Leonardo slid by and he also had his sapphire gaze on me when he slid by. He looked rather... unimpressed if that is the correct word, with me being in Donnie's arms. "If that's where he's releasing the toxin from..." Leonardo continued with the conversation with Donnie.

"It's gonna spread all over the city!" Leonardo exclaimed realizing that time is of the utmost importance to stop any further chaos.

My arms tightened around Donnie's neck and my eyes went wide when I saw the break of the sewer pipe ahead. Raph's eyes widened as well when he started saying, "We need to...break a left!" and we jumped over the large gap in the sewer line. And we all shrieked loudly. My shriek sounded slightly higher and louder than the rest. Donnie gave me a curious look and chuckled.

We finally stopped at the vent that led to Sacks Tower. Donnie placed me safely down, but my two left feet didn't help the situation when I stumbled. I lost my balance and fell back on my butt. While sitting on my butt, April approached me with her hand extended to help me up. "You okay, Alley?" she asked me rather amused.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Not sure the floor will agree with you though," I answered her sarcastically and grabbed her hand as she helped me back on my feet. I was beyond embarrassed with my ears burning red and feeling the red burn across my cheeks.

The woman simply laughed at my words and shook her head at me. Before the turtle brothers could comment on me being a clumsy klutz, Leonardo cleared his throat and spoke to his brothers, "All right, listen up. We gotta find the elevators and get up to the roof." He then pointed toward April, Vern and me. "You guys get out of here. Get to a safe distance."

"Excuse me, Nardo." I looked up at him and stomped toward him. "I didn't come all this way to sit on the sidelines." I pointed it out. "This is not the Halloween parade. You guys can't just run back into danger like that!"

A soft sigh came from Mikey. "I always wanted to be a part of the Halloween parade," he said with a look glazed over his grey-blue eyes. As if he was in a trance.

"Really Dude?" I asked him quite surprised by this comment.

"Oh, yeah, totally goth cakes. The only day of the year when we can be hidden in plain sight," he looked as if his eyes were glazed with a memory he shared with his brothers.

"Even Raph liked to collect tons of candy with me..." Mikey beamed with a big smile across his face. Raph covered his big hand over Mikey's mouth before he could continue. I didn't realize that Raph was such a big softy. Especially when it came to his brothers.

Leonardo interrupted this conversation, "Look, Alley. You are too vulnerable. You don't stand a chance against Shredder. And I...we don't want you to get captured by him again." Leonardo said and crossed his arms in front of his chest.