𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Katsumi stood in the breakfast line, glancing around the canteen nervously for a familiar face. It was still fairly early, so only a few boys were scattered around the lunchroom, but she definitely didn't want to take someone's regular spot. She bowed slightly in thanks to the lunch aide that had given her her breakfast, slowly picking up her tray and taking deep breaths. She looked around the canteen again, choosing to sit at an empty table on the far side of the room.

'Okay... no sweat. The only people that sit with me will probably just be a few loners or other first years...' She thought to herself, happily starting to eat her omelet. 'Itadakimasu.' She hummed, munching on her omelet happily and observing the room around her.

Then, she saw him: Yuuki Tetsuya. Her spine went rigid and she held her breath, remembering the force with which he swung his bat to meet the baseball—the ace hitter, a monster. His eyes razed across the canteen before landing on Katsumi. She held his gaze, slowly chewing her omelet as they stared each other down. He smirked faintly, before heading over to the lunch line. Katsumi sighed deeply, looking back down at her tray.

'I wonder if he remembers me from my visit last year.. I should try and watch his batting during the match today.' Katsumi thought to herself, picking up a glob of rice with her chopsticks. She startled as someone set their tray down across from her, looking up from her food to meet Yuuki's fiery gaze.

"Itadakimasu." He murmured, then started eating without saying a word to Katsumi. The girl stared at him, slightly dumbfounded, before shrugging and going back to her meal. They ate in silence as the canteen filled up around them, the idle chatter growing louder and more rambunctious as players talked excitedly with their friends about today's match, their first week back at school, and how poorly they slept.

"Oi, Tetsu." Jun muttered as he took the seat next to Yuuki. A boy with a buzzcut was directly behind him, sitting down next to Jun. "Getting familiar with the mini Miyuki?" Katsumi's face burned pink and she grumpily pouted at the older boy.

"We've met before." Yuuki replied, not looking at Jun as he ate his rice.

"EH!? AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME A MIYUKI WAS GUNNING FOR MY POSITION?!" Katsumi sweatdropped, smiling wearily at the third years and waving her hands at them.

"Ah, Sumi will play any position, Jun-san!" Kazuya said as he sat down next to Katsumi, humor in his eyes and voice. "She could take any one of our places." He said more seriously, happily stuffing his cheeks with rice.

'Not catcher.' Katsumi huffed and Kazuya laughed.

"Except catcher, of course! Sumi hates sitting in one spot." Katsumi scowled at her brother, punching his shoulder lightly. The boy with buzzed hair was staring at Katsumi, narrowing his eyes at her. "Sumi, have you met Tanba yet? He's our ace." The boy with buzzed hair jumped, before nodding.

"We haven't met, sorry." He spoke surprisingly softly for such an intense looking guy. Katsumi smiled and waved at him shyly.

"Are you gonna come to the game to support your dear big brother and senpai?" Kazuya asked Katsumi as Jun and Yuuki fell into their own conversation.

Katsumi nodded and began signing, "I want to see him bat."

Kazuya laughed loudly, "of course, Sumi."

Less than an hour later, Katsumi was standing amongst the other non-regulars as they all watched the first string huddle. The coach was crouched down on the field, the regulars surrounding him. They all hoped that one day they'd be in that circle, listening to the coach talk over plans.

"Who are we?" Yuuki called out when the coach was done speaking, jabbing a thumb at his chest.

"Seidou, the champions!" The regulars yelled.