𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

'Crashingggg thunderrrr!!' Katsumi grinned as she swung at the pitch, laughing as she watched it fly over the outfield and hit the fence.

"You're getting slow with your swings, Sumi!" Kazuya laughed teasingly from the next batting cage over, ignoring the fiery glare that was thrown his way. "Watch me! Aeroblast!" Kazuya swung at his pitch, sending it to the fence.

"Your swing is terrible! I hope you don't trick any underclassmen into practicing batting with you!" Katsumi signed quickly and Kazuya gaped at her. "Watch this!" She signaled to her pitcher for another throw. 'Silver wind!!' She swung swiftly, nearly sending the ball over the tall fence.

"Hehe, not bad!" Kazuya grinned cheesily and Katsumi growled at him. Their teammates watched with wide eyes.

"N- not bad!?"

"Those two... so scary!"

"Katsumi!" The girl turned, seeing Kataoka waving her over with Takashima behind him. She jogged over, stepping into the dugout and smiling nervously at the two.

"How've you been adjusting to life here, Miyuki-san?" Takashima smiled kindly. Katsumi held two thumbs up, smiling brightly at the scout.

"Katsumi, I want you practicing batting more than anything else, is that understood?" Kataoka spoke up, not looking away from the practice.

"Hm?" Katsumi perked up, looking at the coach.

"Our opponents will underestimate you. Even if you catch every flyball, every home run, they always will." Katsumi nodded, already all too aware of th-

"Of course, you're all too aware of this, aren't you?" Katsumi jolted slightly.

"Hm-hm." She nodded once.

"That's why I want you to focus on your offense. First, make them regret underestimating you. Then, make them fear you when you step up to the plate." Kataoka said seriously, a harsh glint in his eyes. Katsumi's expression hardened and she nodded, straightening her posture and clenching her fists. "Other than that, how are you getting along? Is everyone treating you fairly?" Katsumi smiled and nodded, looking over at where her teammates were all gathering to start fielding practice.

'I'm sure it's more so Kazuya being my brother than them actually respecting me...' She thought to herself with a hum.

"The other first string members already seem very fond of you, Miyuki-san. I hope you know you're just as much a teammate to them as anyone else." Takashima smiled at the girl, watching the aforementioned boys as they waited for Katsumi.

"Hey hey, why's Katsumi talking with the coach?" Kuramochi murmured, watching with mild concern.

"It's probably nothing too serious..." Kazuya replied, watching the dugout through his peripheral vision. "Afterall, he promoted her to first string... her performance since then has only improved." He muttered, more so to himself than Kuramochi.

"How's your knee?" The question startled Katsumi, physically recoiling in response. "Takashima tells me in your last softball game, you had to stop playing halfway through. I remember it being serious enough for Kazuya to take two weeks off last year." Katsumi's cheeks burned red and she looked away. Takashima watched the girl closely, frowning softly as she recalled the girl's last softball game. Kataoka observed the girl for a few silent moments, "if it starts to become a problem for you, then just let me know and I'll allow you to lighten up in practice. Your body knows when it's at its limit, it is vital that you listen to it." Katsumi nodded seriously.

"That's all, Katsumi." Kataoka said, turning his head slightly to look at the girl. "If you have any problems, come to me or Takashima immediately."

"Hm." Katsumi nodded again, handing him a tiny note that said 'thank you'.