‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ .𝐢𝐢𝐢

Elanora sat in the carriage with all the curtains drawn, a feeble attempt to hide her escape

Elanora sat in the carriage with all the curtains drawn, a feeble attempt to hide her escape. Stifling a yawn she started unpinning her hair as she rode along. She had just sat through an opera, one of the few social outings she adored attending.

Sienna and Genevive had invited her over for a game of Cribbage after the show. This would simply be a late evening of her losing her pin money and listening to Sienna drone on about Anthony Bridgerton. However, she loved her friends so with enough Brandy she could endure.

The carriage pulled to a stop in front of Genevivie's town home and she sent them on their way. A candle burned in the front room, which gave Elanora the confirmation she wasn't the first to arrive.

"Nora?" Gen's voice calls out from the parlor room. Elanora walks in with a smile, still fiddling with a few pesky hair pins, and falls back in one of the chairs, her curls now fully cascading down her back as she sets the glittering hair accessories on the table. "How was the opera?"

Elanora nods through a yawn and leans her head back. "It was lovely- as always. However, now that I am attending all the social events this season, I fear I may be lacking in some well-needed respite." All of her social graces were gone in the private home of her friend. Gen sends a pitiful smile and checks the mantle clock.

"I believe Sienna may have had a backstage visitor," she says slyly as she sets out her Cribbage board on the table. Elanora rolls her eyes and lets out an extremely unladylike groan.

"She could find a much more suitable partner than Anthony Bridgerton," Gen raised her eyebrows in shock at the young woman's candor. Her lack of sleep seemed to have given her a looser tongue.

"I thought you a great friend of the Bridgertons?"

"Some of them, yes. However, the eldest Bridgerton men are not my first choice of companion. Anthony, for a man so high in his instep, is rigid and unforgiving. He leads Sienna to think that he will protect her, but I know men like him Gen- when the time comes, his title and his household will come above all else. Anthony will marry a debutante, find a wife to give him lots of children, and run the Bridgerton household; his perfect Viscountess." It saddened her to rip apart the lustful dalliance her friend so adored, but she was also painfully aware of the roles the noble-born children had in their family.