5

You all have asked, so I have delivered...Another chapter of Welcome Home;)

~~~~~~~~~

Josie didn't realize at the time what exactly she had gotten herself into, practically starting a war with the Tribrid.

Josie stood still, watching Hope stride back toward the group, toward Maya. The sight stung more than Josie wanted to admit.

Her chest tightened and she took a deep breath to steady herself before making her way back toward the group.

She watches as Hope extends a hand out for Maya, which the brunette takes as she stands to her feet, and the two make their way towards the water, away from the group.

Josie lets out a huff of air in annoyance before she takes her seat next to Finch, crossing her arms against her chest. But Josie's eyes follow Hope and Maya as they make their way to the water, her heart clenching as Hope doesn't release her hand, even guiding Maya down to the water's edge, where they both strip to their swimsuits. Josie doesn't pay much attention to Maya's, but her eyes take in the sight of the Tribrid in her swimsuit.

It's blue, tight, barely any material whatsoever. The blue fabric clings to her in all the right places, accentuating every curve. It was tight enough and revealing enough to make Josie's heart race, yet there's still plenty left to the imagination–or to Josie's memory to fill in the blanks.

The way the material wraps around Hope's torso, the thin straps resting on her strong shoulders, her toned legs being shown off–this was all too much for Josie to handle. Her mouth felt dry at the sight.

And as Hope submerges in the water with Maya, her hair becomes wet, falling naturally down her back in waves and her skin is glistening with the droplets.

Josie's eyes trace the line of Hope's neck, where her lips once marked the skin temporarily. Then, they fall down to her collarbone, and lower still where the swimsuit top hugs her breasts. She watches so closely that she can see the slight rise and fall of Hope's chest when she breathes.

Her fingers twitch, her body aching to just reach out and trace the entire path her eyes follow. She bites her lip, rather harshly, as the heat in her body rises to her cheeks.

She so wanted to be the one holding Hope's hand now, feeling the softness yet the strength in them at the same time. Feeling the warmth of the Tribrid against her touch. Hearing her voice and her laughter up close.

But instead, she's sitting on the sidelines. Just watching and longing and aching with a burning desire that seems to grow stronger with every second that passes between the two of them.

After what seems like forever of Josie's eyes darting over to the water, monitoring the two or simply falling into the desire to stare at the Tribrid, the rest of the group finally heads over to the water too.

MG finds a vine hanging from a tree on a small cliff overlooking the water. And with some cheering and encouragement from the larger part of the group, he grabs the vine and swings out over the water, letting go and splashing into the water with a huge grin on his face.

And that's when Josie's eyes light up with an idea, and mischief overtakes her features.

She makes her way up to the cliff and over to the vine. She eyes her best friend and the object of her current affection below, and she grabs the vine with a deep breath before swinging out over the water. She lets go and splashes down in the water, landing closer to Hope and Maya than any of the others had before her.

The water splashes Maya significantly and Hope a little, since Maya was mostly blocking the Tribrid. Maya lets out a surprised squeak as she wipes the water from her face.