(Mini chpt)The Silence Of A Greater Evil

OOOOOOKAY STILL FIGURING OUT THE PLOT BUT HERE WE GO

HERES A SMOL ONE
__________________________________
Sometimes, you don't even realize just how insignificant your current issues are to those that could be. It's human nature really- to go mad trying to achieve perfection, only to realize that you've been an inch away from destruction.

The hum of the road beneath us is the only thing you can make out in the quiet. We don't talk during the trip, but I know that we've come to a mutual agreement. It was silent. This silence was different than normal quiet. This was a silence of three parts. The first quiet was in the empty road and the abandoned towns we were passing, it was an absence of anything that could stir you awake or make you jump. It was a silence of literal meaning. The second quiet was in the barren ghost villages that we passed and the only hints of humanity being the husks of lives already lived, it was a feeling of despair and loneliness, melancholy and numbness. It was a silence of kenopsia in its truest form. The third quiet was in the way the air stilled in the vehicle and how there was nothing being said -not because there was nothing the needed to be said, but because there was nothing to say in the first place. It was something that hung from your heart and cradle your soul, it was something that took you essence itself, and let you sink into an eternal ocean of inky sorrow. It beckoned you to embrace its depths, to forget about ever uttering another word, for what purpose is there to expression, if there are none to witness it? It was a silence so deep, that escaped concept itself. The long, straight road dulled the wishing of a tired soul's heart. There was some understanding between us, something that we both knew without having to clarify. It was oddly comforting, yet it was a pensive feeling, almost a grief of some sort. A sorrow for the idea that we had to understand.