Chapter 1

"Oh, Blaine"

My mother is sitting on the other side of the glass, or maybe it's plastic. It's dusty, I can't really tell.

"Mother, I only have a week left. I'll be home soon"

Maybe I should think before I speak. That didn't seem to simmer her worries at all. I want to hug her, tell her anything, show her anything that I'm okay. I'm not, but I want her tears to stop. I hate this. I'm just ready to leave. It's so cold and everyone keeps acting like they care. I don't trust them, any of them.

"Have you been eating, Blaine?"
"Yes, of course I've been eating"

I haven't. Why do I lie. Why to her? What's wrong with me. She knows I'm lying, she always fucking knows. I'm glad she doesn't push me on it. I'm barely staying awake and I know my words are slurring.

"Well, your sisters miss you. Emery and Linzy. And your mom misses you, too. So do I."

She changes the subject, so I muster a smile, it seems to please her to see me smile. Maybe.

"I also met your new therapist."

Immediately the smile is gone. I groan, lowering my head,

"Do I have to do those stupid meetings? They're pointless"
"They're court ordered, so yes."

She nods sharply. I can feel the guard's eyes on me. I know times up, but I don't want to go back. Oh well.

"I gotta go, ma. Times up"
"I understand. I'll see you soon"

I smile again, nodding as I raise my head back up and looked at her,

"Promise"

I pull the phone away from my ear and set it on the table. I stand up slowly and the guard escorts me back to my room. I don't have the energy to change, or do anything. I lay down on my bed and with how heavy my eyelids feel, I can't fight back as my vision, my mind, goes dark.