Chapter 1

A/N: Hi guys! I hope you like this story. Or better yet, I hope you're happier by the end of the book. I also want you to know that you are worth everything and that you shouldn't listen to anyone who said otherwise. 

Jessica: 

I'm not worth it. 

The words I kept repeating ever since the end of 6th grade. It was pathetic, but I knew it was the truth. No matter what anyone said. I grabbed my backpack and waved bye to my parents as I hurried to catch the bus. I usually missed it, but today was my luck. Whispers and stares were headed my way as I sat down on my assigned seat. Wouldn't they just knock it off? It's pretty rude, and it hurt more than they realized it did. Probably because I hid my tears and feelings well. Ever since 6th grade started, my depression has hit crazy hard. People told me stuff that wasn't true, but somehow it made my heart break. At first, I ignored it, but it was weighing me down a lot now. 

But why were they targeting me? What did I do to deserve this? Questions I asked everyday. Feelings I felt everyday. Tears that I hide everyday. And still, they continue. 

Continue dissing. 

Continue bullying. 

Continue torturing. 

I went to the councilor once, but that just made things way more dramatic. I waited for everyone to get off the bus before I did as the driver stopped in front of the school. Squeezing my eyes shut, I inhaled and exhaled and opened them again. I walked into the school, smiling confidently like the person I was not. Halfway across the basketball court, I heard someone shout something and then slam onto my back. 

Then, the whole world went black.