Lonely Boy (S1)

- Sunday evening -

"Hey, guys." You said as you entered Stephen's house.

"Hey Wyenn, got those sketches I asked you to bring?" Stephen asked, then noticed you looked different. "You... sleep well?"

"About that. I finished the sketches up last night." You replied as you took out your sketchbook and tossed it to him. "It's not a problem, I think I had too much coffee and couldn't sleep last night. But it doesn't matter, y'know?

"If you say so." Stephen caught it, looked at the page, and nodded. "The Sex Bob-Omb logo with your powers being part of it. Nice."

And yeah, the sketch consisted of a grinning bomb with sharp teeth and a lit fuse. It was outlined in red-orange colors, indicating neon. The bomb had pixelated red wings, indicating video. The smoke with red embers around the bomb and the concrete debris around the bomb were obvious enough.

"What's the location I'll be painting this on?" You asked.

"I'll get to that. But first, I gotta tell all of you something. I got us a show." Stephen announced.

"Oh yeah?" Scott asked as he tweaked his bass.

"Cool." You replied.

"For the record, we in the industry call them 'gigs,' Stephen." Kim added.

"It's on Wednesday at the Rockit. This guy at work was like 'Steve, do you know anyone in a band?', and I was like-" Stephen tried to explain, but Scott cut him off.

"Great story, man." He interrupted.

"Shut up. Stephen, continue." You said, and leaned forward a bit.

"Yeah, so I told him about us, and he was like 'cool' and was like 'well, do you want a show?' And I was like 'uh, sure.'" Stephen finished.

"Sweet." You commented. "Time to give the Rockit a little piece of us."

"Wednesday night? I'll have to... I'm gonna have to pull some major tricks to get out of my house for this." Knives commented, thinking about her parents.

"Good luck, Knives." You said, and she gave a determined look.

"Thanks." Knives smiled, and nodded.

"If it doesn't work, then nothing is lost. I mean, we totally kind of suck. We're not worth it." Scott said, a bit unsure.

"But Scott, she's our biggest fan." Kim commented, and Neil stood up from his seat, and rushed to his room, crying. "Other than you, Neil!" She added, but he was gone.

"I'll bring some of my friends, too. They'd love you guys!" Knives added, and looked at the group.

"Bingo. Just say you're in a study group or something." You said, and Knives gave you an approving nod.

"So, who are we playing with?" Scott asked.

"Against." You corrected. "We're playing against. It's a battle of the bands thing."

"Crash and the Boys." Stephen replied, and showed the band the poster for the concert.

"Awww, man? That one band with Crash and those boys? I hate them!" Scott sarcastically commented.

"We'll punt their asses, no sweat." You assured, cracking your knuckles and absorbing neon from the sign. "Light show's primed and ready."

"Then practice starts now." Stephen decided, and the others began playing.

- Next morning, in the Virtual World -

You were in the middle of practicing the spray art of the sketch Stephen had asked of you, until you heard the familiar sound of skates hitting the virtual road of the VW.