Chapter Nine

"Oh my God, what happened to you?"

You pretend to be worried as you look at an injured Xylothax, not daring to look at the dead body of the assassin laying near his feet.

"Apparently, someone wants me dead" Xylothax states teasingly, his eyes meeting yours.

"Don't point fingers at me, I don't have money to assign someone assassinat you"

"Nor enough courage, but I'm sure you are full of surprises too"

While the idea of Xylothax's death had a satisfying appeal, you knew that the aftermath would only bring more trouble.

However, you appreciate Astraxion efforts.

You try to keep your cool and address Xylothax in a neutral tone.

"You can't seriously think I'm the one behind this, right?" you ask, your voice steady and measured.

Xylothax's lips curled into a sly smile, clearly amused by your attempt to appear innocent.

"Well, who else could it be, hm?" he replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I don't know, with your horrible attitude, you could have gained enemies over the years" you point out.

Xylothax chuckled, the sound echoing through the dimly lit room.

"Oh, I assure you, I have made quite a few. But, they are cowards, afraid to confront me directly."

His gaze was sharp, as if trying to read your thoughts.

It was clear that he knew there was more to the story, but for now, he wasn't pushing the issue.

The tension between the two of you lingered, heavy and visible.

"Well," you began, trying to change the subject.

"If you need anything, just let me know, okay?"

You back way to leave but Xylothax stops you by grabbing into your wrist, pulling you right on top of his lap.

"Your new friend won't benefit you in any way, he will only harm you" 

You struggled to break free from Xylothax's grasp, your mind racing with possible outcomes. His grip was firm, leaving little room for escape.

"Let go of me," you demanded, your voice firm but tinged with panic.

"I'll handle my own affairs."

Xylothax smirked, clearly amused by the situation.

"I bet my little human thinks that she is a rebel, huh? Trying to play with my kind, but you're just a pawn in our game."

Instead of getting flushed at how close your body is to his own.

You grab the arms of the chair and face him directly, scoffing before a smirk graces your experission.

"If I was really are pawn why are you obsessed with me, I mean killing my friend to imprison me and then force to make a deal with you... not only that but you also took my DNA"

You get off his lap, fixing your crinkled clothes.

"It seems like you consider me more then a pawn, but rest assured you are nothing to me but an invader, Xylothax"

The said alien watches you out of his office with a confidence he hasn't seen before.

Xylothax's smile doesn't drop as he mutters to himself.

"It seems like my little human is not naive afterall, I wonder how much pressure can she take if I took her to my own planet"