Chapter 1

"Come on! You can do better than that!"

"Yeah, come on. I know you can do better."

"Don't talk to me like that," I answer. Then I glare at them. They still try being better than the other.

"I'm sorry, my queen," Mather replies and I shoot a look at him. He shrugs his shoulders. I did use that same insult before I found out I was queen. Except, I called him king, not queen and I guess it isn't really an insult. We don't like that title, because it separate us.

"Can we go inside now?" Theron whines, higging himself. He isn't used to the cold and is wearing about 10 cloaks and Mather and I are only wear long sleeved shirts.

"You can," I laugh," We're going to fix my 'terrible' sword skills." He snorts and walks away.

"So, are we going to do best 6 out of eleven?" Mather asks hopefully. It reminds me of the day that changed everything. Getting the locket half, being forced to move, the dreams, everything.

"Nah. Let's just practice a little more and see if I can get you down. Your father is probably needing help." Mather flinched and I know I said the wrong thing.

"Uh... I mean, William. William is looking for us," I stutter.

"It's fine, Meira," he answers. I'm glad he doesn't call me Queen Meira. I shrug and lift my sword up.

Before he could say anything, I hit the back of his knees, knocking him down onto his back. Before he can sand up, I set my foot on his chest. He stares up at me in awe. "I told you I'm better than you think," I say.

He clears his throat and pushes my foot off of himself, and stands up. "You can't expect an enemy soldier to stay still that long. He'll fight right away."

"What enemies?" I ask. "Angra can't be found so Spring doesn't have a leader. They won't attack without their magic, probably, so we're safe and don't have enemies."

"Just because they won't attack, doesn't mean they aren't enemies."

"Yes, but they aren't soldiers if they don't attack." I answer, knowing I won the argument. I push my crown on straight. It was a gift from Cordell. It's made of gold and has a crystal snowflake on it, along with some lapis lazuli.

"Well, let's just go back to town. We need to start help I with building."

I groan but grab his hand and lead the way.

When we get there, people are already starting to work. The little kids are carrying tools and wood and nails to the grown ups. The older Winterians are looking at maps of the city and blueprints for the houses.

Sir is helping people build the houses. Alysson making cloaks for the visiting Autumnians and Cordellans and Summerians. Mareth let's go of my hand and runs down to meet Sir by the construction.

The snow slows the visitors down, but it almost makes us Winterians work faster. I laugh all the people walking around in a bunch of cloaks who my people around like it's summer. At least the Autumnians are used to coldness.

I walk down the hill to Sir. He's helping with the blueprints for some of the buildings. When he sees me, he bows down. I roll my eyes and say,"Let's start building." This is my kingdom and everything will turn out right.