Chapter 8:Day 2

Taylor's POV

The girls and I walked in as Abby told us to get to our beginning positions. Which pretty much started out as Maddie, Kalani, and I doing this part where all 3 of us jeté into a ponchè and then roll down onto our knees and then Kendall and Tessa come out. After that, Kalani, Kendall and I do a series of a la secondes while Maddie and Tessa do some sort of partner work. Then we all roll down and then Mackenzie, JoJo, and Nia come out. We all raise our hand up, then bring it down as Tessa and Mackenzie do an arabesque to each side and then they run around to opposite sides. During that, me and the other girls partially crawl/slide to the back of the stage. When Mackenzie and Tessa reach the back of the stage, I run out and do a front aerial into a la secondes into 5 attitude turns into a knee drop and roll and push my hand toward the back where the rest of the girls come out and it's pretty complicated from there. "Pull up, JoJo!" "Nia, point your feet!" "Good job Taylor!" "Tessa, you're supposed to do the aerial and then do the tilt! It's not the other way around!" Abby yelled. After Abby made that last remark, Gia stopped the music and Abby made Maddie show Tessa the step. Afterward, Tessa did the aerial tilt again, but Abby still wasn't satisfied. She changed it to a switch leap, which Tessa seemed pretty heated over. After finishing the group routine and practicing 3 more times, Abby made an announcement. "Okay girls, there's some news on the solos. The competition owner e-mailed me yesterday saying she made a mistake on the amount of numbers I could enter. So, I'm going to have to pull Nia's solo, Nia and Mackenzie's Duet, and possibly Tessa's solo. Depends how rehearsal goes." Nia had tears forming in her eyes, which I don't blame her for. That must really hurt to have 2 of your dances pulled right in front of you. Apparently Holly (Nia's Mom) was thinking the same thing. She came down and started yelling at Abby about why did it have to be Nia's numbers. Abby told the rest of us except Nia to go into the Den. We followed her directions as we went into the room. Tessa was really annoyed by the fact that Abby changed that small section in the group routine and that she might have her solo pulled. Before I could think of a reply, Abby called for the rest of us to come back into the room. Nia got her solo back in the competition, thankfully. Before we could ask, Abby suddenly thought of an idea and said "Girls, since we have an extra hour or so until we start solo and duo/trio rehearsals, why don't we do a little practice on our skills ?" I was confused, but Abby said we basically practice turns and tricks and stuff and do improv combos. It sounded fun, so I was all for it. Abby wanted to see Me and Tessa's acro skills, she told both of us to go in a straight line. Then, to do a cartwheel back handspring back layout step out. I saw Tessa get nervous, but I was good at acro so I wasn't worried. "5,6,7,8!" Abby yelled. I did the skill with no sweat, but seconds after I finished I saw Tessa stumble. Abby started chewing her out about her lack of acro skills. So, Abby started Solo rehearsal then. She told all of us except for me to go in the den. I had already finished my solo the day before, so I just cleaned it up. As I did my a la secondes, Abby applauded. She told me to stop, so I did. According to Abby I had a gift for turning, as I could do A la secondes without bobbling or traveling. I smiled and thanked her for the compliment. We continued to have me work on my solo. After my a la seconde sequence, I did a leg hold turn and then this really cool trick where I held my right leg with my right hand and then did an aerial like that. It was so cool! I went to the den so Abby could have the other 3 girls rehearse for a half hour each. Then, it was JoJo and Tessa's duet. About 20 minutes later Abby called in Kendall, Kalani, and I. After our rehearsal was done, Abby called in the rest of the girls and said "Okay, this is our last day for rehearsals, and then we're off to L.A." We're getting to the studio at 12:00 a.m. On Thursday. We get checked in and at the waiting area in the airport by 2:00 a.m. Then, we get in the plane at 3:00 a.m. We take off at 3:45 a.m. Then we get to rest on Thursday and do some stuff on Thursday and Friday and then competition on Saturday. Then, we stay in L.A. for about a month.