CHAPTER I - The Begging Of Something Special-

It was 1976, Meryl and John (Cazale) were both at the same play "Measure for Measure".

They were knowing each other better and better as the play went by. They became very close friends.

They were having lunch together almost every day, they sometimes attended each other's houses and someday when they were practising in Cazale's house, Meryl felt herself a little dizzy and she tumbled and sat on the couch.

John's POV
"Be careful" I said holding her back while she was sitting on the couch.
"Meryl are you fine? What are you feeling?" I said sitting right next to her very concerned.
"I'm fine now that I sat, thanks, I was just felling a little dizzy" She said while she was leaning on my lap.
"But had this happened before?" I asked concerned.
"No... well... yes but I didn't give importance, but this time was stronger, and I think if this couch wasn't here I would've fallen on the floor" She said almost whispering.
"You know, you must go to the doctor, it can be something important since that has happened more than once" I advised her.

Meryl's POV
"You know me far enough to know that I don't have much time to take care of my health, but I don't know what's going on with me so I think I'll take your advice" I said feeling much better while John was embracing his arms around me to comfort me.
"I just want the best for you, you know that right?" He said while walking to the kitchen to get a pill and a glass of water for me.
"Yes, of course I know it" I said agreeing as happily as I could force myself.

"I love when he's concerned with me, it proves how our friendship has grew, I'm enjoying so much these months reharsing and with John..."
I thought sighing and getting rest on the couch .

Cazale's POV
I came into the living room and Meryl was already asleep. I looked at her and realized how beautiful she was and wished for God's sake, for her to not be sick.

I knew it would devastate her.