CHAPTER IX - The Day Of The Funeral -

Meryl's POV

It was the day of my father's funeral. All my brothers were there, a lot of relates I didn't know were there too.

It was a devastating day to my mom, I couldn't do anything beyond try to comfort and calm her down away from crying and sobbing. All I wanted was to get off of there, drive towards home and sit on my couch with a cup of coffee while listening to some music. I know it seems selfish from me to wish that but I just wanted to head home to the quietness of my house and get out of that lousy and full of people place.

When it all finished I drove my mom back to my house, because she was going to stay a few weeks maybe some months there. She was devastated, my father had almost 50, it was a young death and she truly loved him, spite of what happened...

Back in my house, we were all sad and nothing better than classic music to cheer us up a bit. John had made us dinner while me and my mom were sat on the living room all noon, talking and listening to some music.

It was a quiet dinner, no big talks, just me, John and my mom.

After dinner I helped my mom getting used to some things in her bedroom, my guests room. I noticed she was trying to hold back her tears and I said "Mom please let those tears fall out of your eyes, you know what I think about crying."
"I know what you think baby, but the point is I don't want to cry anymore for your father..." my mom said in a very low tone, almost whispering.
"So just lay down and rest and please try to get some sleep, I know it's difficult but you really need to mom"
"I love you darling, thank you" she said with care and love in her voice.
"I love you too mom, and why 'thank you'?" I said with love
"'Thank you', because none of your brothers wanted to "take care" of me"
"Oh.. mom.. don't say that, they would've took care of you, but I just said 'yes' first" I said trying to comfort her
"Darling, I know your brothers OK..." My mom said trying to hold a little tear back
"Please, mom get some rest, I think you are in desperate need of sleep" I said gently helping my mother got into bed and placing a kiss on her forehead.

In 3 days me and John are going to celebrate our 1st year together as lovers and I don't even imagine what he's going to preparate for us.

He's so romantic...