CHAPTER III - The Celebration -

Meryl's POV
I had all prepared when I heard someone's knocking. It was John, earlier as usual and he was so damn handsome.
"Hey big guy, always earlier and
... and very well dressed!" I said opening the door and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you and you're gorgeous in that black strapless dress!" He said staring at the dress while I whirled for him to see it.
"Always so gentle John!" I said smiling.

We walked down to the living room and we just sat there talking on the couch 'till snacking time.

John's POV
While we were sat on the couch I watched some details on Meryl. Her crossed legs, her shoulders, her collarbones, her lips and her smile, those were the outside parts I loved most on Meryl. For me she was the most beautiful woman I had ever known.

Some minutes later she told me to sat on the floor beside the little table in front of TV, in the living room where the snacks were.

When I sat Meryl remembered she had forgotten the wine bottle on the fridge so I offered myself to go get it.

When I walked down to the kitchen to get it, on the corridor, I saw a photo of us some months ago, when we were playing "Measure for Measure".
I found it really cute, it was one of my favorite photos with Meryl and I didn't know she had kept it.

Meryl's POV
While John went to the kitchen, I thought it was nice if we had some background music so it was what I did, I gave some life to our little party.
I was enjoying very much John's company but I find him really shy and sometimes a bit uncomfortable. I didn't get why because we used to spend a lot of time together so I just kept on getting some fun.

John arrives the living room with the bottle. I was dancing alone with an emptied glass on my hand, I seemed sort of silly but I wouldn't care, it was just me and John.

I didn't see John's staring at me but when I realized he was staring at me I looked at him and I saw him looking at me as I've never seen before, to be honest I liked that look and it didn't bother me.
I was starting to think if he had other feelings for me beyond the love you have for a friend.

He filled up my glass and then he left the bottle on the table and asked me to dance.
"Sure darlin' " I said while "Don't Look Me Like That" was playing.

He took my hand and he wrapped his hands around my waist.

We had drunk a lot and danced a lot too, we were so tired that we sat on the couch and I leaned my head in his shoulder and I fell asleep. I just remember feeling John giving me a kiss in my forehead.

John's POV
It was such a magic night, we got so much fun together.
The moment when she leaned on my shoulder I felt a great feeling it was satisfaction, I was proud of how our relation had grown and glad that I had Meryl in my life.

I started to think that I was in love with her.