1.5: A Small Request From An Old Friend

On the other side of the military complex, Neeil and Necro walked down the hallway of the boot camp. Neeil, with her supportive personality and red light accent, chatted animatedly. In contrast, Necro, with his overprotective demeanor and dark violet light accent, listened attentively, his left arm ending in a long neon blade. The contrast between them was striking. Neeil unarmed and friendly, Necro formidable and vigilant.

Their conversation meandered through various topics until they turned a corner and spotted a familiar figure. Neeil's eyes widened in recognition as she saw her mother, Apolonia. She stood there, a striking figure with her crimson red light accent, dressed in a sleek dark brown trench coat, a dark turtleneck, and a pleated skirt. She greeted them, a Neuro-Stick in hand, the tip glowing faintly as she smoked.

Necro greeted Apolonia with a pleasant nod. "Good to see you, ma'am."

Neeil, however, frowned, her supportive nature turning protective. "Mom, why are you smoking? You know that's not good for you."

Apolonia exhaled a plume of smoke, her expression calm. "Neeil, these aren't ordinary cigarettes. They're Neuro-Sticks, a high-tech alternative."

Neeil's frown deepened. "I don't care what they're called. Smoking is still bad for you."

Apolonia held up a hand to calm her daughter. "Let me explain, Neeil. Neuro-Sticks deliver controlled doses of stimulants directly to the brain via nanotechnology. They provide a tailored and enhanced experience without the harmful effects of traditional smoking."

Neeil looked skeptical. "But how is that any better?"

Apolonia continued, her voice soothing. "These sticks are a safer alternative to traditional smoking and drug use. They reduce exposure to harmful chemicals and promote mental well-being. It's a controlled system designed to enhance focus and relaxation without the risks associated with regular cigarettes."

Necro chimed in, trying to ease the tension. "If it's safer and helps her, it might not be so bad, Neeil."

Neeil sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "I just worry, Mom. I don't want anything to happen to you."

Apolonia smiled, stepping forward to place a hand on Neeil's shoulder. "I know, sweetie. But I promise, these are safe. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my health or worry you unnecessarily."

Neeil nodded slowly, still concerned but willing to trust her mother's judgement. "Alright, Mom. Just... be careful, okay?"

Apolonia squeezed her shoulder gently. "I will, Neeil. Thank you for looking out for me."

With the tension easing, the three of them continued their conversation, Apolonia sharing stories from her own military days while Neeil and Necro listened. Despite the initial concern, the hallway filled with laughter and camaraderie, a testament to the strong bonds that held them together.

They continued their conversation as they strolled through the hallways, the atmosphere light and filled with shared stories. Apolonia took a drag from her Neuro-Stick before turning her attention to Neeil and Necro.