My New Friend... or Sister

Shortly after that, Melted Parfait took Boymirror with her to her home. It looks like any old home you would find in any suburban neighborhood. After all, the Mirror Realm will have many surprises for him.

Melted Parfait: Now, here's your bed! My room didn't come with another bed so I just got this sleeping bag that was laying around.

Boymirror: ...Thank you.

Melted Parfait: I've also got food in the fridge! Please make sure not to starve yourself to death, or else you'll end up in, like, LOTS of pain.

Boymirror: Um... Isn't that like, the normal thing your body does when you are hungry?

Melted Parfait: Yeah, but since you are... um... how do I say this...

Boymirror: Dead?

Melted Parfait: Oh, so you don't mind that? Okay... Since you are dead, you cannot really die from hunger.

Boymirror: So it's kind of like an endless cycle...

Melted Parfait: Well, yeah! Trust me, it is not pretty.

Boymirror: An endless cycle... kind of like this world...

While she shows him around, his mind cannot stop repeating the very moment he died. Engulfed in flames. Skin burning and tearing apart. Unable to reach out to his girlfriend. He tries to shake it off, until....

Boymirror: NO! I DON'T BELONG HERE! I-I SHOULD'VE BEEN WITH HER! NOT HERE! I...

Melted Parfait: Boymirror...?

Boymirror: WHY DID I HAVE TO BE HERE?! PLEASE JUST TELL--

Melted Parfait: Shh... I'm here.

Boymirror: Right... Thanks, sis.

Melted Parfait smiled once he called her "sis". It's a sign that he welcomes her with open arms despite being a Mirror. He stopped shaking. She carried him to his sleeping bag.

Melted Parfait: I'll be right back, Boymirror!

Boymirror: Okay...

She went downstairs to the kitchen. After a short while, she came back up with a cup of tea. Green tea. He took the tea and sipped on it. He feels much better.

Boymirror: Y'know, this place will do for now. Thank you.

Melted Parfait: ...You're welcome.

Melted Parfait: So, who is this "her" you were talking about?

Boymirror's gaze drifts to the wall... he was nervous.

Boymirror: My girlfriend... I lost her.

Melted Parfait: Oh! She died?!

Boymirror: No. I died.

Melted Parfait: I'm... sure she's still out there.

Boymirror: That's what I'm saying. I need to get out of here and reunite with her before things get bad.

Melted Parfait: So you want to turn back to normal?... That's... a hard thing to do. There was, like, this one time in which me and various other Mirrors turned back to normal. Really unexpected, huh? But then we died again...

Boymirror: So, it will probably just loop back to death... No. I won't die again. I won't be here again.

Melted Parfait: So you're saying...

Boymirror: I'm coming back. Period. This won't be short-lived, none of that. I'm coming back to the battlefield.

Melted Parfait: Trust me, it will be hard...